“Average value”

Mantra Terrace Hotel
Ranked #48 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
“Average value”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Paying $200 for a room you couldn't swing a cat in, you would at least expect foxtel or a movie channel on the tv. Also the receptionist needs to learn some customer service skills. Location is ok, only a few minutes walk from the city.

• Stayed March 2012
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear bem1,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel Brisbane for your recent stay.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a reveiw on tripadvisor as the feedback will assist us to continuously improve our facilites and service to guests.

When you next stay, please be aware we do have a selection of Foxtel channels, along with over 70 new and recent release pay-tv movies available on our television system, and we would be delighted to assist you in accessing them. We apologise that you were unable to do so on this occasion.

The quality of guest service provided at Diamant Hotel Brisbane is most important, so we truly appreciate your comments and apologise that you feel you did not receive that during this stay.

If you would like to discuss your comments further, please contact us as we appreciate the every opportunity to improve.

Kind regards
Branka Indic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed @ the Diamant Hotel for a night on a work trip. Location was close to where my client was located.
Extremely comfortable beds and pillows - however these have been the tiniest rooms I've ever been in. Even compared to the studio I had in London, the Diamant Hotel's room was small. I was apparently upgraded to a Deluxe but even then I thought it was tiny. I had to order room service and while I was working in the room and when dinner came, I had to move my laptop on to the bed as there really wasn't anywhere else to put dinner.
Apart from that - good service, however for the price that was paid, I'm not entirely sure it translated to getting value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tonsterl,

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw on Tripadvisor for Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

We are pleased that although you found our rooms compact, you had a comfortable sleep during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as this will assist us to improve our facilities and services.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel Brisbane when you are next here for work.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My partner and I stayed in this hotel whilst in Brisbane as part pf a two month stay in Australia. It was the most expensive hotel we used and the room was the smallest. In fact it was the smallest hotel THAT I HAVE EVER stayed in. If the prices were much reduced then my opinion might well change but at the moment my advice would be to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Consider another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steve s
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Sevenoaks

Thank you for staying at Diamant Hotel during your Brisbane visit and taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.
Our room rates are dynamic and reflect our services and size of the rooms, among other factors, such as the Brisbane market.
We are proud to be offering very competitively priced accommodation in Brisbane paired with exceptional customer services.
Again, thank you for your time and we do hope to see you again on your next trip up North!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was very happy with Diamant Hotel. Its location is very good, just to the north of the centre of Brisbane. It took me about 3 minutes to walk there from Central Station. The area is hilly, but not too bad. To get into the centre of town was no more than 10 minutes. Within easy walking distance I found plenty of restaurants, cafes and restaurants.
The hotel was modern and was very clean. Staff always had a smile and were efficient. My room was quite small, mainly due to the huge bed, but it packed a good range of facilities, including a safe, ironing board and fully packed fridge. The big bed was very comfortable – it was like sleeping in a cloud! The tv included some Foxtel sports channels and there was wifi available for about $15 per 24 hours if I recall correctly. Aircon was great - quiet running and they had it running before I checked in, so my room was cool when I arrived.
Diamant Hotel was nice and close to all the attractions in Brisbane and was very clean and comfortable. It represents value for money and I will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Fiver75

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review. I am delighted to hear that we have ticket all the boxes and that you loved our “Hidden Gem” on Astor Terrace!
All the best and we are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane!

Warm Regards
Melbourne
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The Diamant in BNE provided the perfect place to hide away from the in laws during a recent visit. It's small and discrete, comfy beds and well appointed bathrooms compliment the small rooms, which are a standard European size. The rooms cna be a little frayed around the edges, purely from day to day use, but are clean and everything works. The staff are welcoming and were helpful for making the inital reservation, the upgrading the room on the day before we arrived. The hotels bar downstairs is fantastic with an excellent selection of wines. Will make this my new base in BNE when visiting the in laws!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MelbourneMannin
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Traveller
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. I am so glad to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us and we are so proud to be your new base while in Brisbane and hiding from the in laws. In laws trips can be quite traumatic, speaking from the personal experience, and I am happy to hear that we have contributed in making this particular one pleasant.
Again, thank you for your time and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in April!
Warmest Regards
Reviewed March 6, 2012

we stayed here for our wedding night , taking advantage of their romance package. The hotel is so neat and beautiful and the room is very comfy if not a little small.
we were spoilt with rose petals, chocolates and champagne . along with a delicous breakfast downstairs at the resturant/bar.
great accomodation, great food, and beautiful dark ambience.

a beautiful ending to our amazing day.

thank you to the team who made us feel well looked after.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank TechKat
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Tech and Ket
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your appreciation and are so happy to have been a part of such a special day for you both.
Congratulations and all the best!!
Branka Indic and Diamant Team
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 1, 2012

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with this hotel if you were paying 2 star prices.
It is trying to be hip but misses by a long long way. Magazines that suited an old doctor's waiting room.
Room was small and basic. Many of the rooms enjoy the amenity of overlooking the airconditioning equipment on adjacent buildings.
Toilet seat was broken.
Room dirty.
Many much better places in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank T_P888
Dear T
I appreciate that you took the time to write this review. Our responsibility to meet the reasonable needs and expectations of our guests is at the very core of how we operate and I am very concerned that this was not the case.
Cleanliness of the rooms is very nigh on our priority list and general feedback from our guests reflects this and is very positive. I have passed your comments on to our Housekeeping and Maintenance Teams and they are looking at the ways to increase the quality of our product.
We have selection of rooms available and I only wish you have made us aware of your dissatisfaction while still in house as my staff would be more than happy to show you alternative room types that you might have preferred.
Thank you for staying at Diamant Hotel Brisbane and if there is anything my staff or I can help you with in the future please don’t hesitate to contact us.