“Sofa bed ripoff”
Review of Spring Hill Mews

Spring Hill Mews
Ranked #80 of 136 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nice clean place to stay, however we asked for twin beds thru Last Minute and were quoted a price. When we arrived no twin bed only a Queen so we had to pay an extra $20.00 per night (3 night) - $60.00 to use the sofa bed as well.
Would have been cheaper to go to Kmart an buy a set of sheets and throw them away after

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Spring Hill Mews

Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed here for NYE night and had an amazing stay.
Big bedroom, big bathroom and 2 balconies.
Furnishings were a little out-dated but for $170 a night I am not complaining.
Free carparking and the city is only a 5 minute walk away.
Great place to stay for families or couples.

Room Tip: If possible get a 2 bedroom apartment as they are two story.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ellyse M
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Just read some reviews regarding this property. I agree with some, but others appear to be biased. It’s not a Hilton and you get what you paid for. As a matter of fact, I have found this is one of the best places near Brisbane CBD area.

I am a regular traveller to Brisbane and have stayed in quite a few different units of this property. May be lucky but I have found no cleaning issues that concern me much. Occasionally some curry cooking smells in some units may need to be treated thoroughly though.

I agree that this place could be better if all furniture get upgraded. The rooms are spacious and well designed, but the carpets and sofa in some units look a bit dull and worn out. Having said that, I have found all units I stayed already have new furniture and several have had new carpet and sofa replacements. According to the managers, they are in the process of replacing all furniture and carpets.

The managers are very friendly and always responded promptly to my requests if any. My advice is to inform the managers of any maintenance issues rather than talk to cleaners. Overall I think the managers deserve to be complimented on their good works.

Room Tip: some rooms have split levels, check when you place booking.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Tas007
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is the most expensive apartment I have used in my trip to Oz, and it is the least satisfactory. The main room (on the ground floor) is so dark that electric light is needed all the time.There is little evidence that cleaners have done any cleaning recently. Several items need mending - a failed light in the main room, loose towel rail. Carpet and sofa are worn out. The owners seem not to care about the low standards.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor, which is very dismal.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John L
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I normally stay int eh city centre in Brisbane, but with everything booked out for some event or another, I drifted up into Spring Hill for the night. It was hardly a great inconvenience - just 15 minutes easy walk into Queen St.

The apartments themselves are certainly not new, but they are reasonably maintained and quite spacious. There is a small pool and good parking.

I didn't use the internet, but it has WiFi available through an outside provider for some ridiculous charge.

Service was good, efficent and friendly, and they were happy for me to leave my car there (free parking) the following day while I worked in the city.

As a business travller, Spring Hills Mews will probably not be a regular stop for me, but it's a decent back up when things are busy in the city. If I was to travel to Brisbane with my family, the spacious apartments with plenty of bedding would start to look quite attractive, I think.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ian_Pratt
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed here for five nights in a one (1) bedroom apartment (No.37)
Whilst it was adequate, we will not return.
It is a shabby property with a very low standard of maintenance,
The bathroom drains smelt with stains and cracks in the grouting and tiles.
Poor quality carpet that looked dirty. Sheets and towelling were poor.
Clearly the management are doing an inadequate job and the individual owners are uninterested in their rental returns.
Can I suggest you seek somewhere else. We are for our trip in 2012.

Room Tip: Seek another property.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank John T
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I was a bit concerned about some of the reviews on here relating to cleanliness but since I was only staying overnight I thought I'd take a chance and the price was reasonable given the alternatives, which were either on a busy road or upmarket hotels in the CBD. There was nothing to complain about here - quiet location, walking distance of CBD, helpful staff. My apartment was fine - no musty smells - perhaps the other reviewer was unlucky. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo