“Reasonably priced in city centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of iStay River City

iStay River City
Ranked #59 of 127 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Toowoomba, Australia
“Reasonably priced in city centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

In city centre, very convenient.
Apartment has complete bathroom with bath, washing machine, kitchen, living and dining areas.
Clean.
Surprisingly quiet despite location!
Very affordable and good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at iStay River City, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. It is always pleasant to receive favourable feedback. I really glad you found us centrally located and that our apartments were spacious enough for your family. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

These apartments are very liveable, they have huge balconies with city and river views, the kitchens are full size, the bathroom has lots of cupboard space and a decent size shower and they are very central to anywhere you need to go in the city.

Room Tip: High floor north west or south east
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda G
Hotel M, Manager at iStay River City, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. It is always pleasant to receive favourable feedback, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed being on the 40th floor and that you found our apartments spacious and clean. I will speak with the front desk staff regarding the supply of extra pots as we do have extra in stock for guests who do like to cook. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Armidale, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

We booked for a 4-night stay at this hotel and declined to pay extra for a top-floor apartment. We were pleasantly surprised to have a 40th floor apartment at no charge, just one floor short of the very top! Firstly, I did not know that such a luxurious hotel, offering apartments existed at the city centre. I am glad that I found and booked it. The rooms were spacious and clean and we had a wonderful view of the river and most of the suburbs. It is affordable and parking was good (didn't have the crampy feeling of parking in the city). Unlike most apartments too, we did not have to vacuum before checking out! That was one pressure of checking out taken off.

Only little issue I had was the hotel did not have enough pots for anyone who wishes to cook like one meal a day. They do have all the cutlery though. They should keep some pots to give out on request, if they do not intend to supply every room.

I recommend this hotel, and will return again in future.

Paul

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. The one comment I really like to read is ‘Wonderful service’ I will pass your kind words onto the team. Brisbane was hit with a bad heatwave, not all the units have air conditioning in the bedrooms; though in the recent refurbishment we included ceiling fans in all the bedrooms and it has been very successful in cooling the whole apartment through the hotter period. I am also glad to read that you found us very central to all your needs. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Ballina, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had a family weekend at Brisbane CBD.The weekend we stayed in Brisbane was a heatwave.The air conditioned rooms were very welcome, also the pool.
There was plenty of room for the four adults in our family.
The shopping and restaurants close by were also very welcome.
Loved the Hotel.
Loved the position.
Wonderful service.
If I have anything to complain about it would be the cost of the car park.
But over all we were happy with our stay so we are happy to pay this fee.

Room Tip: Don't change a thing.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Hotel M, Manager at iStay River City, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Good hotel, view of the river, very secure parking, you need to go through 2 roller doors. No noise from the streets below all blocked out when doors are closed. Nice to have opening windows and doors. Easy to catch a train or ferry close by. Would stay again. Clean apartment.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at iStay River City, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. It’s always great to receive favourable feedback. I am happy to read that you found us central to all your needs and that you found our apartments clean and quite. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I recently stayed for 5 nights on the 34th floor, amazing view of the city looking east. The apartment had two balconies, two bedrooms and one air conditioner in the lounge room. While during winter I guess this is not an issue during summer it does get stuffy in the bedrooms. Another couple stayed in a different roo and had one air conditioned bed room, so I guess the moral of the story is to ask for a room that has A/C in the sleeping areas.

Beds were comfortable, the pillows not so much, I always bring my own so all good.

Apartment was overall clean, well appointed and liveable.

Room Tip: Ask for A/C room!
1 Thank peterTownsville
Hotel M, Manager at iStay River City, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the great views our two bedroom river view apartments have to offer. Unfortunately not all our two bedrooms apartments have air conditioners in the bedrooms though we have recently fitted ceiling fans in all the bedrooms to help circulate the cold air. We look forward to welcome you back anytime.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Don't usually write reviews, but this room on 30th floor is the dirtiest I've encountered. Mouldy, filthy shower and safety hazards with power points. Cleaners should be doing their job and reporting hazards that impose danger to guests.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Discerningone72
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at iStay River City, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. I sincerely regret that your stay has put a negative perception on our company’s product, we do strive for 100% guest satisfaction and by reading you comments it is very disappointing that we failed to provide this. I wish we were able to speak prior to you departing as this would have given us the opportunity to investigate and correct your concerns. I have raised your concerns with Housekeeping and Maintenance and a full audit has been done on all units on the 30th floor to prevent this from occurring again. If you do choose to stay with us again please contact us directly and we will look after your stay.