“Great location - great views from balcony”
Review of Oaks Casino Towers

Oaks Casino Towers
Ranked #55 of 167 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Checked in with ease - our one bedroom apartment was very spacious and the balcony had a beautiful view - especially at night - close to everything - location 10/10 !! Beds were comfy but needed to update their pillows !! Overall we had a great stay - great rate and would definitely recommend to stay here !! Only thing that I was a little disappointed with was the 10.00am check out - most of the places I stay have a 11.00am check out - maybe that could be looked at ??

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the river - views are beautiful !!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksCasino, Front Office Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your spacious apartment and the view from your balcony. In regards to the 10am check out time, we do offer a complimentary 11am checkout upon request. We look forward to welcoming your back soon.

There are newer reviews for Oaks Casino Towers

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is my 2nd stay here and on both occasions I have been given a 2 bed suite, which has loads of room and all the facilities required for an extended stay. Also great view across the river and fantastic location for bars and restaurants etc. I accept that the parking is a little way away but to be honest it's less than 10 minutes walk (on Charlotte St at Oaks Charlotte Towers), $25 per night. Minor irritation that TV was not working in lounge and if management are reading, that was room 2101 - sorry forgot to report it on check out!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your previous stays here with us, especially in regards to the location and views. In regards to the car parking offered for guests, we do have on site car parking, which is off Charlotte Street. There is also two other Oaks Properties on Charlotte Street, who also have on site parking, which it seems you have parked at Oaks Charlotte Towers. Unfortunately due to the heritage building, we are not permitted to have signage for our car parking facilities. I do apologise for the confusion this may have caused you. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Great accommodation, worlds worst parking garage, took over an hour to find it, George street is a one way so you have to drive about 3km to get back to the hotel parking, got totally lost! Great location though and good service.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank john813

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay, especially enjoying the location and service from our staff. In regards to your comments about our car parking, I apologise for the confusion, we do offer on site car parking and the entrance for this does happen to be on Charlotte Street, and all the streets in Brisbane do happen to be one way. Unfortunately due to the heritage building we are not permitted to use signage for our car park, but all our staff members do their best in directing guests to the entrance. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. We hope to welcome you back to Oaks Casino Towers in the future.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here in May in a one bedroom unit.
On the plus side, it is very central and close to the casino and Queen Street. The unit had everything that I needed with a good size balcony. The staff were quite nice.
On the minus side, the whole place smelt of cooking. As soon as you walk into the reception area it smells badly of food. Reception is a very large area with one lounge and a small desk at the end. Very strange, but no character at all. Management, can I suggest you purchase an air freshener so that guests are not greeted with a horrible smell.
Unfortunately the cooking smells were also evident in the lift, the corridors and in my room. The only way to make it bearable was to keep open the balcony door.
The spark on the gas cooktop did not work, and despite the lady from reception coming to have a look, and the repairman apparently attending the next day, the cooktop was still not working. Fortunately I had a lighter, so was able to cook myself an egg.
Overall, there were good and bad things at this Oaks. Hopefully Management will address the problem areas.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our apartments and our friendly staff. In regards to the smell that was in the lobby, the new restaurant next door was furnishing their floors which unfortunately caused fumes to come into our lobby and lift shafts. There is also a sushi restaurant next door, which sometimes does cause an unpleasant odour, but we have Management currently addressing these particular incidences. Thank you for providing your valuable feedback.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment. The staff were very friendly on checkin.Our apartment was on floor 28. The place was tidy and well presented.Everything you need in kitchen. We had two bathrooms but you have to ask for this cause some 2 bed aparts only have 1 bathroom. The views were amazing, we had a corner apart so we could see the city and the river.My only negative was the cleanliness. Not disgusting but considering they call themselves "luxurious" I expected spotless. More like a 3star hotel. I can see why people on tripadvisor are complaining about mouldy showers etc.Our beds were huge and comfortable.The remote control in our bedroom for tv didnt work properly,that was just annoying.Location excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner apartment,then you can see both city and river without having to pay extra for rive...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank eternalquest23

Thank you for taking the time to review on your recent stay. I am happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay and found our staff friendly. In regards to the cleanliness being your only negative, I do apologise and we have passed this onto our housekeeping department. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We loved the position of this hotel (diagonally opposite the casino) & entry to Myer centre just around the corner & Queen Street Mall etc. The apartments were great except for the beds. OMG we stayed in single beds for 4 nights & our backs were so sore by the end of the trip & the beds are so small. They should be king singles! Singles are absoloutely no good for adults. Thought it was just these beds & we returned to stay again 4 days later & booked a queen bed. That was too like a bed of steel & far too hard. Don't know whether or not they are just extremely hard new beds but really they leave you crippled when you get up the next day, that is if you can sleep at all which I barely did - just keep waking up all night long. The hotel really needs to put a soft fitted topper on the beds seriously they are painful. Other than that the apartments are great & clean & everything you need for a holiday.

Room Tip: Do not get the back middle rooms they just face into office buildings & it is not nice using the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
OaksCasino, Front Office Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad to see you enjoyed our central location and cleanliness of our apartments. I apologise if you found our mattresses too hard and had difficulty sleeping. We have taken your comments onboard and thank you for your valued feedback.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked this hotel from wotif.com. It was clearly written that the room will have s luxuriously placed room. I thoght it means a river front room. But when I got there the room faced a massive office building and could just see the walls of the other building. As such I do not mind it but I was disappointed how misleading information was provided. The possible view of the Brisbane river and the South Bank was the only reason why I chose this apartment.

Other than that the apartment is locatef in a very convenient location. It is just a few stroll away from Casino, North Quay ferry terminal, and Queen Street Mall. My one bed room apartment was spacious and clean.

But please donot promise what you cannot drliver.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank rabs003

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers. Our apartments are advertised as being luxuriously appointed with European-style appliances and finishes, ducted air conditioning and spacious balconies. I apologise if this information is misleading in anyway however we do offer 1 bedroom executive apartments and 2 bedroom river view apartments at a slightly higher rate to guarantee a South Bank facing apartment. I am however glad to hear you enjoyed our central location and the spaciousness of our apartments.