Oaks Casino Towers
$161
$152
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$118
$92
Agoda.com
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$88
$71
$125
$106
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Aabon Apartments & Motel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$73
$57
$87
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsthe rivergreat locationsouth bankbedroom apartmentlarge balconyqueen street mallgeorge streetacross the roadmyer centrefull kitchenwashing machinegreat apartmentliving areathese apartmentsthe heart of the citygreat place to staycentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2013

River view room has great views, no question!! Very close to queen st mall, cafes, pubs, south bank etc. the reception staff are efficient, but not particularly friendly. 2 brm apartment has nice balcony, 2 bathrooms, small but adequate kitchen, 2 TVs, washing machine. Bathroom floors felt slimy and slippery, room and corridors smelt damp and musty on arrival, tiled floors need a good scrub. Lounge furniture dated. Beds comfortable. Have seen better cleanliness and value in the cbd, for a lot less than $285 per night. Some other oaks properties are nicer, but maybe not with the view. Will choose elsewhere next time. Expected better for the price!

• Stayed: March 2013
OaksCasino, Front Office Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed our spectacular river views however your comments regarding housekeeping are quite concerning. Please be assured these issues have been raised with our housekeeping department. Thank you for taking the time to comment and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed there last Saturday night, for night out in Brisbane. We picked this place as my brother in law stayed there last year and he said it was good and had a great view over the river.
When checking the website the best price for a one bedroom unit was $209 and indicated that there would be river views. As there was no mention of car parking, I rang and was told parking needed to be booked and it was $25 per night. I was happy with that as overnight parking in other establishments was up to $50. I asked about the rate and I was surprised that I was offerred a cheaper rate of $199 per night, despite the website saying their website price was the cheapest. I asked about any view from the room and I was told "all one bedroom apartments have city views"
I was also told about the 1.5% charge for credit cards. Having no choice I agreed. However, this is a blatant rip off, and they are obvioulsy making more on this rate. You can go to any coffee shop and they either dont charge or charge as little as 20c.
When we checked in and went to the room (on floor 18), they only view we had was of the building next door, which felt so close we could touch. This would have been OK had we been told when booking but not when you expect something different.
When checking in they also place a "hold" of $150 on your credit card for any damage we might make.
The aprtment was clean and comfortable, but as we expected city views and did not get them ( perhaps we may be a little hard here), but if you are told it has city views then you expect that.
After 4 days of the hold of $150 not being released I went back and studied more closely the fine print. It says that the "hold" may take up to 10 days to be released.
So I called the hotel and the lady blamed the bank but she would follow up the next day and would call me the next day. No call came. I sent two emails to the head office and finally I received a call saying they had sent three faxes to my bank and that I would have to follow up anything further and reminded me that it could take up to 10 days. In this day and age of electronic banking, this is a joke. I was informed it was only a hold and that they did not hold the money. However, it is charge against my credit card and as such reduces my available limit.
Finally on Friday the hold was lifted.
I have had no response to my emails to Management and now obviously dont expect to. Just contunues the "poor service" other reviewers have mentioned.
I summary, the price offerred on the phone was cheaper than their advertised cheapest web rate, no mention of parking, the room was not as described, being charged 1.5% credit card fee and the hold for at least 5 days, which is described but totally over the top.

Room Tip: get a proper description of the booked room and then hold them to it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandybillc
OaksCasino, Front Office Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Casino Towers. The Building Manager has liaised with you directly regarding your comments. Please don't hesitate to contact us should you wish to discuss further.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

A couple of our friends and my wife and I stayed oaks casino towers on the weekend in a two bedroom unit. Booked it about a month prior and as another lady on here stated when we booked in there were no car parks available at all. Had to park car at the myer centre $30. Went to our room found 2nd bedroom was locked and had to wait for reception to unlock. Ensuite was disgusting mould everywhere looks hasn't been cleaned since the place opened. Let me say awesome views but that's where it ended. I have stayed in places for $100 twice as good.....

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Hoey13

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Casino Towers. All Oaks properties advertise that all car parking must be pre-booked at a cost of $25 per night as we have very limited spaces. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our river views however am quite concerned with the housekeeping issues raised. Your comments have been passed on to our housekeeping team and we thank you for your valued feedback. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was in town for work. Booked a 1 bedroom unit and was allocated a 2 bedroom unit instead. oaks have a habit of closing off the second bedroom and bathroom so it cannot be accessed. I find this extremely annoying. I understand from a cleaning perspective but it always makes me wonder what's behind the locked doors. Any home, was on 8th floor which was quite low but no noises and a great view. Directly over the road from a park so nice view of south bank and the river. Big living space, really big, but carpet and furniture was worn. Anyhow, hat spot not far at all from the mall and really close to the casino if that's your thing. I have stayed in 4 separate oaks in Brisbane now and this was the largest unit I have had but also the most in need of some attention. I'd stay here again for sure. Excellent sized unit if your travelling with kids. Big kitchen space and living areas.

Room Tip: I had room 801 and it was massive
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to read you enjoyed one of our spacious river view apartments. Your feedback has also been passed on to the relevant department heads to address these issues. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I had decided to treat ourselves to weekend in Brisbane to see a band. We thought we would book a nice hotel for this trip and spend a little more than usual so we booked an executive 1 bedroom apartment. When we arrived at the hotel we were advised that the parking was full so we were not off to a good start. We expected a lot from a hotel that is charging a full rate of $459 per night. We checked in which went quite smoothly and the desk staff were efficient and friendly although they did not explain how we could access the pool or obtain towels etc. On entry to the apartment it looked great, it was huge and had great views of the river and southbank BUT i'm afraid thats where the positives end. The apartment we had been allocated seemed to be a 2 bedroom apartment but the door to the 2nd bedroom was locked. We didn't mind about that because we had no use for the 2nd bedroom but we were not happy that the ensuite bathroom off the main bedroom had also been locked meaning that we had to walk from the bedroom through the lounge and kitchen to get to the other bathroom/laundry. Not only that, the shower was covered in mould and the vanity area was tiny and the mirror was hazy. We also found a lot of dust on the furnishings in the apartment. It didn't end there either...the TV in the bedroom had no sound and the TV in the lounge seemed to have no reception although we didn't spend too much time trying to figure it out. For the money that we paid I feel that really is not good enough and I definately wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rebecca b

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Casino Towers. As all of our river view apartments are 2bedroom apartments, we do offer them as 1 bed executives so not everyone who wants a river view must pay the two bedroom rate. As such we do lock the second bedroom and bathroom. We are currently changing the set up of these to ensure guests do have access to the main bedroom with the ensuite in rooms where the laundry is not part of the main bathroom. I have addressed the above issues with housekeeping and maintenance and stricter procedures have been put in place. We have very limited parking spaces and as such we advertise that these must be booked prior to arrival at a cost of $25 per night. We appreciate your feedback and hope we can welcome you back in the future.