“Not Happy”
Review of Oaks Casino Towers

Oaks Casino Towers
Ranked #60 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We recently stayed in a 1 Bedroom Apartment on the weekend of the 8th/9th February and we were in Room 704 which does not have sufficient covering on the balcony so that when ever anyone from above balconies or other rooms decided to throw a cigarette butt off the balcony it landed on our balcony. The worst part about this was that on Saturday night when we were having dinner outside on the balcony a cigarette butt actually landed on my partners plate. We let reception know on the Sunday morning and basically reception didn't care. This must be a common occurence as the balcony when we first went out there had cigarette butts on the ground. I have never complained about a motel room ever before and we have stayed in many.

Nicole Montgomery

Room Tip: Do not choose Room 704
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NICOLEMONTGOMERY
OaksCasino, Front Office Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Oaks Casino Towers. As we are a non-smoking building the cigarette butts landing on your balcony are greatly concerning. I will look at installing a cover for the balconies on the 7th floor to minimise this occurance. Thank for you taking the time to comment, your feedback is essential in making us aware of areas needing improvement. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The best thing about being here is the location. I booked the 2 bedroom riverview apartment, wow. My husband & I both said that we could live there. The view over Southbank and the river was spectacular! The apartment was very clean and spacious. The front office was very helpful and curteous. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
OaksCasino, Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Oaks Casino Towers. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind words. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The two bedroom appartment was comfortable with good beds. TV had poor reception, showers were grotty. If you have a car find alternate parking as we were charged $25.00 per night. You also need to pay for internet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
OaksCasino, Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers. I appreciate your comments and have passed these onto housekeeping. Please be aware that parking in the Brisbane CBD is limited and therefore incurs a charge at all Oaks properties. We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed in a 2 Bedroom Riverview Apartment and the views from the huge balcony were spectacular. Rooms were clean and beautifully decorated and the living room well equiped and comfortable. All in all a perfect stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sus123aa

Thankyou for staying at Oaks Casino Towers. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced the spectacular views. I thankyou for your kind words and hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I got a great deal through webjet so I wasn't shocked when I was put on one of the lower floors. Despite this there was very little road noise, and I'm a light sleeper. The one bedroom apartment was HUGE (though I think it was a 2 bedroom + study, with one of the bedrooms locked) and had everything you could want, including a DVD player. I had a great view across the river. The hotel is close to most things Brisbane has to offer and is a painless walk to Roma street train, bus and coach station. The people on reception were lovely and I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the apartment and our fantastic location. Our aim is to make our guests feel at home and we certainly hope we will welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at the oaks, booked a one bedroom apartment, the room that I got was a two bedroom apartment with one of the bedrooms locked and the ensuite locked. This actually was a good thing as the apartment itself was spacious and the balcony that over looked the Brisbane river was huge. Room was clean and full of all the mod cons one would expect. Only drama was the foxtel was difficult to operate (separate controller from tv took a while to get hang of) and bathroom had conditioner, body lotion but not shampoo, good thing I brought my own.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed staying with us. As we have more two bedroom apartments in our building we do upgrade some of our bookings. I was disapointed to read that housekeeping had overlooked the shampoo and passed on your comments to the department. I certainly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.in the future.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

It was cheap, but not cheap enough to find a bedroom with a locked ensuite - use the laundry!! - a locked second bedroom, a crane outside the window, and a bunch of workers on the roof of the building next door.
Gives me a Bluebeard feeling, all those locked doors. Won't be back under any circumstances.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you on level 21.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family