“long-time visitor, disappointed this time around”
Review of Oaks Casino Towers

Oaks Casino Towers
Ranked #56 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is our go-to place in Brisbane. I can book a two bedroom apartment in the heart of the city with beautiful views and know that I will be treated wonderfully. The parking is a bit hairy but if you pre-book, there will be a place somewhere in the bowels of that dark building.

The views of the city and South Bank are gorgeous. Balconies are spacious and the ideal private places to spend your mornings or late nights.

But this time, we were given a poky little two bedroom apartment on the southeast side of the building. The rooms were so small that we found it easier to get dressed in turns rather than sharing the fun of pre-party playing together. My bed was pushed right up against the curtains and I was concerned about dust and when the curtains were last washed ~ just saying.

The ensuite shower had vast amounts of mold, as did the AC frame in the main bedroom. The second bedroom's AC could not work if the door to the balcony was opened so that room was dank and airless. The door from the lounge to the balcony did not open so we had to go through the main bedroom which was inconvenient to late sleepers versus early morning balcony users.

Plus, both bathrooms ran out of toilet paper in the middle of the night... No spares? No ~ we had to call down for replacements. Definitely not up to par.

The walls and doors were dirty. The apartment looked like it had been a while since it had been cleaned well.

I was not planning to update my review like this. When we returned home I wrote the management a letter with photographs to confirm our findings. I expected to hear back from them with some sort of confirmation and a promise that this would be looked in to but it's been weeks and no word. I don't see that as good management.

I have loved this place. The front desk staff has always been superb, happy and helpful. That expectation was met. I just wish the cleaning staff and management were as on-their-game... We were disappointed.

Room Tip: Do not go to the Souteast corner
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thankyou for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers.
I was pleased to read about the service you continually receive from our front desk staff.
The issues you have raised in regards to the cleanliness of the room have been passed onto out Head of Housekeeping.
Valued feedback such as yours is essential to maintain the high standards we strive for at Oaks Casino Towers. It is regrettable about the miscommunication in regards to your original email and I shall contact you personally in regards to this.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Casino Towers in the future.

There are newer reviews for Oaks Casino Towers

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment. We booked direct with the hotel. It is very close to the main Brisbane city shopping area, the casino and the bridge to southbank.

The apartment was very spacious compared to other hotel rooms with a large outdoor balcony with views to the river.

There is a decent kitchen as well.

The bathroom was a good size with a washing machine and dryer.

Staff on the front desk were very helpful and courteous.

It would be a great base for a week as it is not just a room.

We'll stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012
OaksCasino, Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thankyou for taking the time to comment on your stay at Oaks Casino Towers.
It's great to hear you enjoyed our location and facilities. The views from some of our rooms are quite spectacular and I am happy you experienced these.
We pride ourselves on customer service and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here in Sept/October for 3 nights before a conference. I arrived on a busy late Saturday afternoon - the day of the River Fire festival. It cost me $700+ AU for the three nights (about $1000NZ ... the Saturday night was $400 possibly because of the Riverfire Festival?)

I stayed in a one bedroom apt at the back of the tower on the 29th floor. From the balcony I still had a pretty good view of the river (see pic). The lounge/kitchen area were fine, the bedroom fine. The selling point really is the terrace and the way the whole place opens up. The bathroom was very average.

The other selling point for this hotel is the location. 250 metres and you are in the Myers Mall or across the river at Southbank. Being in the city, it is very noisy all the time (I live in the suburbs so it's different from what I am used to). And in Brisbane in October it's blue sky by 5.30 am.

I would stay again because of the location ... but you do pay for it! (Last year we stayed on the beach in Waikiki at the Hilton for about the same price!! Waikiki ... Brisbane ... I know which I prefer.)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

It's great to hear that you took advantage of the location and went out and enjoyed what Brisbane has to offer. The weekend of RiverFire is indeeed one of the busiest weekends in the brisbane social calander, and trust this did not inconvenience your attendance at the conference.
I'd like to personally thankyou on your observations in regards to your room, without valued feedback such as yours we cannot continue to improve our product. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Casino Towers.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Location was great right in the heart of the city. The direction to get to the car park were spot on. There were good points and bad point to the room. The bad: The diswahser didn't work. The washing machine was tempremental. When the room was cleaned we asked for more toilet paper on day three and were told by the cleaner the hotel had run out and to supply our own. Three people were expected to use one roll for 4 days is unacceptable. The windows need better curtains or a blind as well. The light is very bright first thing in the morning. If you need a dark room to sleep this is not a good choice.

The Good: Definately ask for a high floor room. We stayed on 37th floor of 39 very quiet even with construction right below. The balcony is great to sit at for breakfast or to have a coffee in the morning. Very nice pool.

Room Tip: a hight floor is definately a must then its quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
OaksCustomerFeedback, Public Relations Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers. It is great to read that you found your apartment quiet and you could enjoy your breakfast out on the balcony. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Right next door to pancake manor really easy to get to nice reception and pool spa gym is good the two bedroom apartment was quiet and comfy top end appliances 289 for a night for four it was a bargain , really recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2012
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers. It is great you found your apartment quiet and comfortable and the location convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my partner for his birthday as we wanted to be close to the Casino. The pool was lovely but the room was a total let down!

The bed frame made an awful noise even just when you sat on it, the mattress wasnt comfortable. if you were after a romantic night then this place isnt for you.

When we first walked into the room there was an awful smell and the bathroom had mould everywhere.

Please do not stay here if you want to enjoy your stay unless you plan on being in the pool the entire time.

We will not be staying here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emma W
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel is well located except that it is currently next to a construction site. The noise from the construction site was awful and went on even in the middle of the night.

My room had no windows that opened and the only way to get any ventilation was to open the sliding doors to the balcony. The balcony is great if you love ;looking at the back of buildings.

The worst thing about my room was the bed. I could feel the springs in my mattress and hear them squeak whenever I turned in bed.I am not sure where they got the bed but it was likely from a discount store.

What else? Unfriendly, unhelpful and bloody unpleasant staff. One of the male staff working in reception in the afternoon of October XX (details can be provided to TripAdvisor members if required) was probably the most unhelpful and unfriendly hotel staff I have ever met.

Room Tip: The best room you can get would be in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PerthFrequent_Flyer
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Casino Towers, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Casino Towers. We are concerned to read of your experiences while staying with us, especially in regards to the service you received from our staff. If you wish to discuss any matters with us further you can contact our Customer Feedback Team on customerfeedback@theoaksgroup.com.au. We hope to have the opportunity to talk with you and welcome you back again soon.