“Terrific accommodation in great location”

City Park Apartments
Ranked #103 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed at City Park Apartments recently and were very impressed with the accommodation. The rooms were very nicely decorated, central air conditioning and very clean. Great location, central to everything in Brisbane. Luci the manager was very friendly and welcoming. Would definitely stay again. Great value for money as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JoanneC088

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Whilst the location entailed a tiring uphill walk frpm CBD to appartment, there is a free Springhill loop bus passing (every 15 minutes) a block away from the apppartments.Also,there is a normal pay bus service at the door step,so making easy access to the CBD.Location is also most suitable for travellers with a car-you get free under-cover,secure parking.Our studio with a large balcony was quite spacious.with all the equipmentwe required for 5 nights,and whats more everything worked.Request a city facing balcony for a great view.The studio we had was a little dated but clean and well maintained and,hey,it was very good value for the tarriff.Luci the manager (8-12oclock am) cheerfully accommodated all our queries and requests.We were happy to leave the roomas as neat as first entered.We recommend a stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank regoat
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This was our third stay at these apartments. It's our home away from home when we come to Brisbane to visit our daughter. On each occasion we have had a first class experience. The lovely Luci always makes you feel special and nothing is a trouble for her. The rooms are clean, roomy and delightfully maintained and are excellent value for money. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed here over two nights when attending the Future Music Festival at RNA Showgrounds. Location could not have been more perfect. Short walk to the show, close to Fortitude Valley for nightlife and fantastic food in Chinatown. Apartment was 2 bedroom corner on first floor. Had everything we needed for a short weekend stay, but full kitchen available when we felt like cooking. Beds comfortable, rooms clean and tidy. Free basement parking and lovely, friendly and helpful reception staff. Wifi not included, which would have been nice (could pay extra), and some furnishings dated, but for the overall price you can't go wrong for value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Dated property that proved its worth in location and value. Rooms are a bit musty and only get servced once a week. There are lots of rules posted all over the place but at least there is no ambiguity on what you can and cant do. Free parking, expensive wifi (as usual in Aust. - when are they going to learn) fantastic large balcony.

Room Tip: get a back room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2013

City park is high up on the hill above Brisbane. But don't think you are not central, there is a free bus that stops a block away and takes you to/from the city center very often, all day long. And if you want to walk you are about 20 minutes from town. The rooms are very spacious, and the kitchens are well outfitted. These apartments are much larger than expected. And the beds are very very comfortable.
There are very few staff, so you will get to know the people in charge pretty fast- and probably become good friends if you stay long enough. The willingness to assist and tell you about all of the events going on in the city really makes your stay a breeze.
When something does go wrong, staff fix the problem right away. Our TV died one day, and within 20 minutes we had a new one taken from an unused room.
I highly recommend City Park.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RonGibson
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The apartment was ok but the decor was a bit dated and in need of some serious upgrade. The seats on the balcony were broken and unusable but the apartment was in a good location (10 mins walk to the city) and parking is available. I had heard good things about these apartments but my experience was quite the opposite.

I accidentally left some clothes in the washing machine and phoned the manager immediately on my departure to reach the answering machine. The lady eventually got back to me and said she found them ... I offered to pay for express postage but she refused to accept the money saying: 'they will send it & i would have to pay for it at my end'. That was good so long as I got the items.

I waited a over a month and still had not received the parcel. I phoned the manager back and got the answering machine again leaving a polite message to indicate I had not received my parcel. Needless to say she did not get back to me. I waited a few days and tried again to eventually get through to her and was scolded: 'you keep phoning and I am about to get married - I will post it tomorrow' she then slammed the phone down on me.

I have not received my clothes and am doubtful if I will. Her attitude ruined the whole experience and i would recommend staying somewhere where your business is welcome. Reading through past trip advisor post I am not the only one who has received this service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends