Manly Marina Cove Motel
Royal Albert Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$142
Arena Apartments(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
$137
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$125
$116
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$116
Priceline
$62
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsyacht squadronheated plunge poolyacht club next doorfirst floorgreat locationmoreton islandaccommodation optionsquiet locationroom was cleanshort strollsmall balconycafes and restaurantson arrivalcar parkenjoyed my staya great place to stayclose proximity
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife stayed on a Friday night in order to get ready for our wedding day the next day and then we both stayed on the Saturday night. The room was clean, warm and the quality of furnishing was of a high standard. I wouldn't hesitate to return back to the motel and would gladly recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ManlyCove, Director of Sales at Manly Marina Cove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are pleased you found your stay comfortable and enjoyable. We take great pride in our property and make it our priority to make each of our guest's stay a memorable one. Congratulations on your marriage and we wish you both the very best.
Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

This place had large well appointed rooms new quite aircon great price a close to lots of places to eat. Highly recommend this if your in the need to find a quite place to stay in the area. Fora $160 for the night it was a great nights rest in a bug clean room.

• Stayed: August 2012
ManlyCove, Director of Sales at Manly Marina Cove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us!
We enjoyed having you and I'm pleased you found our 4 star motel rooms large and well appointed. Due to our unique location, on the water's edge of Moreton Bay it provides the peace and tranquility that travellers look for when staying with us.
Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Karin Dawson

Reviewed August 2, 2012

For those sailing at RQYS this is an ideal location but it is not without its limitations. Our first floor (second floor in the U.S.) room was clean and basically furnished but offered more of a view of the parking lot than the sea or harbor. Rooms were quiet with the exception of the loud noise made by doors closing in the hall. When we checked in we noted to the manager that the safe was not working, despite our expressed concern, it still was not working when we checked out ten days later. The couple that ran the motel were pleasant but inflexible. The managers were far more inclined to tell a guest why they could not provide assistance than figure out a way to help. Do not expect ANY services beyond what you would find in very simple motel accommodations. The Marina Cove also charged some high fees for what any other professionally managed property would provide for free: $40 to split the beds, $50 for a lost key and a hefty fare for a very limited breakfast offering.

Despite these limitations, it is the right place to stay for a regatta at RQYS as long as the guest’s expectations are appropriately adjusted.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Fastsailor
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I'm very familiar with the Manly area but this was the first time I've stayed at the Motel and now I'm wondering why!

Exceptionally clean and comfortable accommodation, quiet location and very secure. Staff I encountered were extremely polite and helpful.

I'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
ManlyCove, Director of Sales at Manly Marina Cove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for your valued feedback. Our award winning property is a wonderful amenity for the Manly area. The motel provides exceptional quality and value.
We are very pleased you found Manly Marina Cove Motel and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
All the best
Karin Dawson

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I loved the location of this motel, Manly was a lovely place to visit.
However, our weekend was almost spoiled by the unhelpful and inflexible managers. They'd be better suited to running a military barracks than guest accommodation.
There were a few annoying incidents over the two days, the worst of which was having to leave my suitcase, with a $2000 laptop inside, in the foyer for several hours after checkout because there was no luggage room or storage cupboard. (My husband had taken the hire car for work). They could have at least offered to keep it behind the desk or something.
Having been told the foyer was my only option, I asked if my bag would be safe there. "Well that's entirely up to your discretion", was the response.
As a journalist, I have stayed in more hotels/motels/hostels around the world than a I can remember and never come across this problem before.
I would not recommend the motel to anyone with small children because the service is so rigid. The breakfast room is locked on the dot of nine o'clock, too bad if your cranky toddler made you a few minutes late. If you do make it in time and are still eating your Weetbix at 9am, you have someone sweeping under your feet.
While I love Manly, I did have a frightening experience of a weird-looking man stalking me, even hiding in bushes at one point, all the way back to the motel gates. Luckily, another mother saw what was happening and stopped to walk me back.
Of course, this is no reflection on the motel. But the managers were most unhelpful and dismissive when I told them about it.
My husband's company puts all its staff up at this motel when they travel to Brisbane, but I hope that will change because I am certainly not going back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MarikaPaprika
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent stay as your comments will assist us with providing our customers with superior service.
We agree Manly is a unique destination and is very beautiful with its boat harbour and kilometres of walking/cycling tracks along the Esplanade. We are very proud to be surrounded by such beauty.
I am sorry to hear that you had a couple of incidents during your stay, as our aim is to exceed customer expectations at all times.
My apologies for your luggage concerns, the Motel has limited storage space and we are working with the managers on an alternative area where guests can securely leave unattended luggage.
The Breakfast Room is a wonderful amenity for our guests. It is operated by our professional managers where by, hygiene and cleanliness is paramount. Due to the open nature of our Breakfast Room service, it is important to maintain our operating hours.
An advantage of this Motel is its location in the gated grounds of Royal Qld Yacht Squadron and this provides our guests with the added comfort of security. I have further investigated the matter regarding the ‘’weird looking man” incident, and I was made aware that reception did contact police on your behalf. This is an unusual event and I am sorry for the distress this must have caused you.
I wish you well and thank you for staying at the Manly Marina Cove Motel.