Oaks Aurora
Royal Albert Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$131
$124
  • Room Service
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$127
$106
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness center
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$129
$109
Hotels.com
Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
$156
$151
$137
  • Restaurant
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$116
$105
$96
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewsthe riverbedroom apartmentstory bridgelarge balconyeagle streetqueen streetacross the roadbottle shopper nightfull kitchenlocation is fantastichigh floorgreat apartmentcar parkingwashing machinebusiness tripbrisbane city
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I decided to give this hotel another chance after the first time as you have to try things twice. It was worse than the first time.
1. The hotel has 67 floors, they only have 6 lifts to service all the floors and yes the lifts go to every floor. Pity the poor fool if you get a room on the 50th floor.
2. Apparently all the units dont have cable tv, they havent got around to getting them connected yet. Humm my room for example.
3. If you book a one bedroom, you actually get a 2 bedroom as there are no one bedrooms. This is fine but when you come back to your room after the first night to find they have locked your bathroom gear away in the ensuite of the room you were using the night before. You should have seen the hassle to get the room unlocked.
4. Try to get a receipt from the front desk for a previous cancellation, the receptionists should go back to working at the 7-11 as they know nothing about what a client requires for taxation purposes. Oh yes Mr Tax Auditor the hotel say they couldnt issue me a receipt for the one nights cancellation fee so I thought it would be OK to claim it back with no reciept.
In short this hotel is 2 stars at best, the only thing they have got going for them is the view of the Story Bridge.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark_Little2
Reviewed April 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks while he was on business. We were very pleased we'd chosen it as it was perfect for our stay.
The apartment was in excellent condition, very modern and new, and we received a 2 bedroom with a river view, even though we'd only booked a one-bedroom apartment.
The location could not have been more perfect. Right in the hub of the CBD, it was perfect to check out the shops, restaurants and cafes anytime. The view of the river and Story bridge was great at night too. At the entrance to the apartments is also a seven-eleven store and a coffee shop which was really convenient.
We did experience a few problems while we were staying there, like all travellers. The hotel staff seemed to be having a few problems with the access swipe-cards to the doors and lifts, however they dealt with it very well, and were always friendly and efficient. When we needed an extra few things for the room they were delivered or fixed very promptly.
The hotel is very large, and was about 95% full when we were there, however it was never noisy and we didn't hear any other guests which was great.
I would definitely recommend these apartments, and we will be staying again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank KJMS
Reviewed April 15, 2009

My family had a pleasent stay in Oaks Aurora. I would say that it's not a real hotel, but it's a nice apartment with basic facilities. We had a two bedroom apartment with a large balcony facing the river with very good view. Basically many of the apartments are two bedrooms. If you want a one bedroom apartment, they just lock one room.

Neat and tidy, excellent location, walking distance to malls and center of the city. No restaurant and room service but a 7-Eleven downstairs. Also walking distance to supermarkets. Information for food delivery is provided in the room. Generally staff responded promptly. They charge A$20 per night for a secured parking space and also charge for the broadband internet.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank snycheung
Reviewed April 15, 2009

On an impulsive desicion (at 10PM at night mind you), to get a decent night sleep, I decided to book myself into Oaks Aurora as it had a decent rate.
The rooms are spacious (got a 2 bedroom eventhough I booked a 1) and a nice view towards queen street. However it was tarnished by alot of problems with service which I will outline below.....

Look I know I arrived late at night, but I found many flaws with the service...
As expected, the front doors are closed, but they do have an intercom, but seriously with the most minimal instructions on how to exactly get hold of the reception.
When I finally worked it out and pressed the correct buttons, it made the most odd noise, and nothing happened for a good two minutes. But just as I reached for my phone to call them, the door finally opened.
I was expecting to find a large check in desk and be warmly welcomed (come on, it is a 4.5 star hotel).
What I found was that the office is definently a non-dominant area of the lobby, very ight and small, I would feel sorry for staff on busy days...
The man behind the desk was on the phone for a good 3 minutes before he eventually told the person on the other line "to hang on a sec while he talks to someone".
Ok this is where it got a bit confusing for me and Ill try to make the best sense of this,
He took my credit card and swiped this and got me to sign the check in form, I just thought it was an incedentals form because it did mention a $100 holding fee, so I was all good with it. (he didnt explain what it was... he mustve been itching to get back to his phone call), he passed the keys and that was it from him

The next morning came, I went to check out and was greeted by a very mellow lady, no goodmorning, nothing, just a blank stare. I proceeded with check out and she asked for my card again,
odd
i thought i gave them my card to swipe the night before?
But i decided to stop stressing and not worry about it. I signed a different form (again I was not told what it was about, just was a reciept by the looks of it). I left and got to work.
Well long story short, after a few phone calls, Management admitted to me that they carelessly overcharged me $279 and I was going to be reimbursed 4-5working days later.
Thats rubbish considering I am using a Visa Debit and its my money that they are witholding after a mistake THEY MADE.
I complained and got told they will contact their bank and put the money in ASAP so they got my card number and name and they hung up.
More than 24 hours later nothing, so I called them up again and they said they didnt put my money into my account because they didnt recieve my expiry date and they were expecting ME to call THEM, yet again THEIR mistake.
Gees, all I wanted was a decent night sleep with no hassles

Just go stay at the Sofitel, 10 times better service for just a bit more of your dime, its hell worth it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
6  Thank aka_johnno
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I stayed at the Oaks Aurora on Queen Street on a recent business trip. Overall it was a very good choice but it is not really a hotel in the traditional sense in that most of the apartments in the building are not owned by Oaks but by private landlords. The building is a mix of apartments lived in by full time tenants and apartments rented out by Oaks. So in reality, your hotel apartment could be next door to someone who lives in the building full time.

The quality of the apartment that I stayed in was very good. Very clean and nicely furnished. Nothing amazing but definately to a decent standard. The view from the balcony was also very nice and I was lucky enough to have a good view of the river and Story Bridge. The bathroom was also very clean and the shower had good water pressure.

The location on Queen Street is ideal for the business traveller or tourist alike. Easy access to the CAT ( think river bus), taxis and other bus routes. Shopping is just a short stroll away. There is also a 7/11 on the ground floor which is open 24hrs a day , very handy if you need something quickly!!

All in all a very good experience, Reception staff were quite pleasant and helpful. There is a gym and outdoor swimming pool.

I would probably return but not sure if i like the mix of hotel rooms and private apartments all together on the same floor. The building has over 60 floors and although there are several lifts, I found I had to wait awhile as often the lifts were full and I had to wait for the next one.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business