“has lost my future bookings”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Oaks Aurora

Oaks Aurora
Ranked #80 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
australia
“has lost my future bookings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stay in Brisbane regulary for work and leisure and have had many excellent stays here however the last two were so bad I have decided not to go back. Firstly I arrived at 1.30pm after a long trip ( and am currently 7 months pregnant) to be told the room was not ready and they didn't know when it would be available. I requested a call when it was ready but didnt receive one. Secondly the apartment was not cleaned the whole time I was there ( 4 nights) . Staff must have come in daily as the towels were replaced but nothing else was done. No replacement of toilet paper, no dishes done, no washing powder replaced so I could at least do them myself, no rubbish collected, no beds made. Such a disappointing change to previous visits .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. This is invaluable to say the least. We’re very apologetic that your recent stay at Oaks Aurora was unsatisfactory, in particular the cleaning and servicing standards. Ordinarily we pride ourselves on strict quality controls with respect to housekeeping provisions. Obviously we have failed on this occasion. We apologise also that you were not able to access your accommodation prior our advertised checkin time. It is disappointing to hear also that you were not advised when your apartment was actually available. We will ensure that the reception staff are advised that this oversight should not be repeated. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

A couple of friends and I got a two bedroom apartment for a one night stay.

We had a late check-in (at 6pm), and before that we tried calling the reception for parking. Started calling at 9am that morning and numerous of time through out the day until we got there; no one picked up our phone calls! It was the number provided on the website. When we went to check-in, I have to say, I have never recieved such bad customer service before!! The receptionist was completely rude! She rolled her eyes and sighed numerous of times at us when we asked her something. She looked like she didn't want to be there, and treated us like we were a big nuisance to her. Her attitude was not welcoming at all. I asked her about the reception phone and told her how no one picked up. She didn't believe me and I had to show her my call log on my phone. I tried calling again, and it rang. So, I don't know what went wrong there, but I'm not satisfy about the customer service. After checking in, a friend and I went back to reception and asked for her name (incase we want to file a complaint). She wasn't there, and another receptionist told us that she was new. Other than the 'new' girl, we found the other staff were amazingly nice.

The room was good. It was clean, spacious and modern. The hotel is close to most places thus cheap for taxi fees. Despite the bad customer service, I wouldn't mind staying there with friends again if planning to have a place to stay for night out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Firstly, thank you for your favorable comments with respect to the apartment in which you were accommodated. We’re pleased you were comfortable whilst you stayed with us. With respect to the poor service you received prior and upon your arrival, we apologise sincerely. Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to ensure that the offending staff member receives sufficient training so as to prevent this from happening again. Ordinarily we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service. It is disappointing to hear that we have not lived up to our usual standards on this occasion. I would like to think that this was an isolated event. Once again, thank you for your kind words and valuable feedback.
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I spent three nights at the Oaks, 16 - 18 October 2012 in room 489. The altitude of the room was nearly above all other buildings in the Brisbane city and had a fantastic view both day and night. The unit was spotlessly clean and spacious with above standard appointments ie, large LCD TVin the lounge room and a smaller one in the bedroom, dishwasher in the kitchen and washer and dryer in the laundry.
The service was always with a smile and nothing was ever a problem. Car parking is fantastic with numerous lifts to your room.
I plan on revisiting next time I am on business or holidays.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room above the 40th floor on any side of the building. I was overlooking St John...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mick N
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. It is wonderful to read that you found your apartment clean and spacious with excellent views. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights, this was a work trip. I was fairly disappointed with this hotel, mainly the bed and the condition of the apartment. The bed was small, didn’t even have a valance (see picture) and I’m not a fan of triple sheeting (using sheets rather than a doona cover). The bed was also very uncomfortable. The carpets were very badly stained. The living area was spacious.

What was hot:
 Size of apartment
 Balcony
 Price
 Kitchen and Utensils

What was cold, and needs attention:
 Check in experience (Bulky Key)
 Lack of pay TV channels
 No TV in bedroom
 Stained Carpet
 Horrible Bed
 Horrible Linen

What can’t be easily changed:
 No natural light in bathrooms
 Slow lifts

Overall: a disappointing stay, not a place you choose if you want a good night’s sleep

Would I stay here again: no, not until there is a complete referb and new & bigger beds

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room, and a low floor (as the lifts take forever)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. It is great to read that you found your apartment spacious and value for money. However, it is disappointing to read that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations and I will pass your comments onto the Hotel Manager for investigation. We do hope you will choose to stay with Oaks Hotels and Resorts again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed in a 2-br apartment with great views of the city, river and the Story Bridge.
Although a bit tight for a family of 5, the hotel was fine as a place to sleep ad unwind.
The staff were excellent and catered to our needs very well.
The location is great, with immediate access to the Eagle Street Pier and its many restaurants and river ferries.
Unfortunately the pool heat pump was out of order whilst we were there, so the pool was cold, and with so many floors to cater for, the lifts can be a short wait, but not inconveniently so.
overall, a nice stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have excellent views across Brisbane.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. It is great to read that you were able to enjoy the great city views from your 2 Bedroom Apartment. We are pleased to read that you found our staff excellent and that they were able to cater for your every needs. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stay at oaks fairly regularly, it's close to the river, business district and shops. The rooms in some of the lower levels can be a bit tired, but overall it's fine as the units are self contained with a kitchenette - often with a basic level of utensils and cooking gear.

I'm fairly happy staying here but would suggest asking for a high floor which avoids street noise in the evenings from the late night city revellers and city traffic. I'm currently staying in an apartment on level 46 which has 270 degree panoramic views of the city which is great (but can be windy on the balcony).

Overall very happy with the Oaks - don't expect the ritz but its cheaper than others in the area - clean, tidy and with its own washing machine and dryer.

Staff are helpful, but be mindful a lot of travelers / tourists also use the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor - avoids street noise. Room 466 has an exceptional view and is well maintained.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. It is wonderful to read that on several occasions you have been impressed with the standard of accommodation Oaks provides and continue to stay with us. We are pleased you found the location of our hotel convenient and that you have been able to enjoy the amazing views of Brisbane from your apartment. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Gawler, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We spent two nights in a 2 bedroom apartment. The apartment we had was on the 43rd floor and had a lovely balcony with spectacular views across the river. We found the apartment to be very clean and comfortable and had everything you need. It is in a handy location with Eagle Street Pier being only a 5 minute walk and the mall about 10-15 minutes walk away. The staff on reception were always friendly and helpful. We would be happy to stay there again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. It is great to read that you were able to enjoy the spectacular views from your balcony and you found your apartment clean and comfortable. We are glad you found the location convenient and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.