“It's better to eat somewhere else”

AJ Vietnamese Noodle House
Ranked #700 of 4,297 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bangkok, Thailand
“It's better to eat somewhere else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I was at this eating place and had a bowl of Pho. The portion is large alright. It looked quite good when it arrived at a table. However, it didn't taste as good as it looks. The soup was a bit too sweet for Pho. Beansprouts and sweet basil leaves served on the side looked like they are off. A customer who came in later and sat behind me made a loud complaint about the quality of the sweet basil leaves the waitress brought him and he looked really angry and I can tell he was very unpleased with it.
After I paid for my food the waitress made an incorrect change. When I was about to notify her she knew exactly what I was going to tell her and rushed to give me the correct change.
This place should be avoided. It's better to eat somewhere elase.

Brisbane, Australia
“Fresh and quick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

This is one of a number of asian eateries in the government/student area. Not quite a hole in the walll but very squeezy inside. Service is quick. Usually a queue at lunch time for tables and takeaway. Meals reasonably priced. Recommend the pho (beef noodle soup or the spicy beef noodle soup if want a bit of a kick). Small limited menu.

Sydney, Australia
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I located this restaurant via my Tripadvisor App.

Travelling for business (and by myself), I walked to this restaurant on Charlotte St for a quick and easy meal.

I found the restaurant to be "simple", busy, yet a table for 1 was no problem. The staff member was very friendly and helpful with the menu.

Food was absolutely fantastic - see attached photos.

I will certainly be back when travelling to this part of the world.

Visited August 2012
Sydney, Australia
“My Monday night special!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was working in Brisbane for 10 months, and AJ used to be my Monday night special! Located centrally in the Brisbane CBD - they do the best Vietnamese vermicelli salad, pho and wonton noodle soup! Although not a glamourous eatery, it is clean and highly recommended for a quick and cheap feed!

• Visited August 2011
Brisbane
“Quick and simple but great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Reminds me of a few places I ate when in Vietnam, simple meals but full of flavor. If you want a fresh simple meal, try this place. Also great to have early dinner.

Visited April 2012