“Great view, no audio!”

Brisbane Sightseeing Tour and Brisbane River Cruise
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Great view, no audio!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I went on the wheel of Brisbane in February at night time. The view is amazing but the audio was incredibly loud and the volume button didn't work. When they let you out they say thanks and walk away too quick before we could say anything. In early August I went again at night to show a friend whom I knew would be interested in the audio commentary. There was no audio at all this time. We complained and got free tickets. The next day we went and had an enjoyable experience with the full commentary during the day. It is definitely worth going on. It's interesting to find out about Brisbane and you get a great view of the whole city. I hope you have better luck than we did!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Gisborne, New Zealand
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice way to view the city”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our ride on the wheel, the air conditioned enclosed pods gave us good views and the commentary was good. We could have got better photos if the windows had not been covered in bird droppings though! We did think it was a bit pricey for 12minutes, and the photos were very expensive. All in all we are glad we did it.

Visited August 2013
Brisbane, Australia
655 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 625 helpful votes
“Reasonable views, overpriced”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Not very often do I treat myself to being a tourist in my own city, the 'Wheel of Brisbane' is located in the cultural forecourt of Southbank. The gondolas are fully enclosed, air-conditioned and seat up to 6 people. During the ride there is a commentary highlighting 11 sights which can be viewed from above. The ride is all over in less than 10 minutes, there are reasonable views over Brisbane City. I am pleased that I did not pay full price for my ticket, I had pre-purchased an online discount voucher.

Visited April 2013
Hong Kong, China
339 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 174 helpful votes
“Ok.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Some good sights but not great.
Had better value for money.
The photographer was Spain in the backside. We didn't want the company photo but she wouldn't take no for an answer but she finally did !!!!
Expensive for what it is
Or maybe that's the reflection of Brisbane, not a huge place

Salt Lake City, Utah
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“all to ourselves”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

took a lovely ride on this ferris wheel. kids loved it. the views were great. yes it was pricey but what isn't in AU. just enjoy and do it at least once.