“Dining with friends”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Gold Coast, Australia
“Dining with friends”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Fran & I dropped in for a special lunch. Misho and Tanya turned it into a delightful Croatian home style experience. Stuffed octopus, red emperor and a cheeky but cheap French sav blanc made it most memorable

• Visited August 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Great Croatian food!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I went to Misho whilst on business in Brisbane, and I was surprised by this restaurant. Firstly it is not in centre town but out of the way, in Taringa The decor is simple, typical of a European homely restaurant. Clean, set up, a table for the boss, an open kitchen and Misho who himself is at the helm of his kitchen, whilst Tania, his wife run the front of the dining room. The food is cooked on order, fresh and yes, a little slow, but typical again of the old way of life : why hurry, enjoy, relax and taste the favors. I had the salt and pepper squid, which were tender, tasty and delicious, I follow this with the signature dish, brudet Marko Polo which was an awesome plate of seafood cooked in wine sauce, and so fresh and tasty! I had not had such a fine seafood dish, except when I was in Portugal.! I could not eat a dessert, as the two dishes had completely filled me up. I was offered a Croatian pear liqueur (not for the faint hearted). On my next trip to Brisbane, I will make a point to go back to Misho, not for the decor but for the great food and the ever so friendly service of Tania!

• Visited May 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“average food, poor service”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

brought my family in here when they visited from england as it always seemed to have a nice setting.when we arrived we were seated and ordered drinks there was only us and one other couple in there, the owner was tapping away on a pc in the restaurant. we waited and waited for the drinks then we ordered uite limited menu which is fine but i do expect you to have everything in. i ordered chicken came back ten minutes after ordering, they had no chicken!!!! ordered beef instead

food was lovely really enjoyed mine, men beware you need starters mains and puddings to be full, other half wasnt all that impressed. service was unbelievable wanted to order more drinks but the wners/staff were too busy talking to their friends ie the other couple who are in there all the time to bother with us. took forever to get drinks and even longer to pay the bill.

yawn wouldnt waste my time twice.

• Visited January 2013
“Great experience and fresh fish - everything perfect”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great costumer focus, good knowledge of the products as wine and food ... Lovely dinner and even if we r following a strict diet, we fall in temptation to have a great dessert .. We r lucky to have a great restaurant just walking distance from home.. We will defiantly recommend it to everyone who want to try real Mediterranean cuisine ....c u soon guys..;) Eva

• Visited July 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Really is a taste of Croatia!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I took my family here after living in Croatia for 6 months to give them a taste of things back there. Both the service and the food delivered beautifully on an authentic Croatian experience.

The snails were the pick of our entrees and I had the Pašticada for the main which was possibly even better than I had in Croatia thanks to the beautiful cut of meat used.

The service is super friendly just like you would find in a family restaurant back in Croatia, and the super fresh produce delivers that authentic fresh taste.

I will be going back here again and again.

• Visited January 2013