“Great authentic French cafe”
Review of Chouquette

Chouquette
Ranked #3 of 45 Bakeries in Brisbane
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Awesome bakery that is reminiscent of France. I love taking people there for coffee and breakfast. Cakes and pastries are excellent for functions and events as well as hostess gifts.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you want a taste of mothwatering tradiditonal French pastries, gateaux and bread, this is the place in Brisbane! The coffee is also excellent and certainly one of the absolutely best in Brisbane at the moment. Service is great and very friendly. My recommendations aret he 'chausson de pomme' for a sweet treat and ham and cheese brioche for a savory option.

1  Thank Paola B
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My uncle introduced me to this wonderful little bakery/patisserie, and we now meet on regular occassions. A coffee and Goats Cheese Quiche is my pick of the morning. I also frequently buy my friends baquettes or gateaux.. It has also been a huge hit with my mother visiting from Perth. She always awaits her visit when here. Such a wonderful group of staff working together to welcome you any day you stop by.

1  Thank Shan_Duncan
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Simply the one and only French bakery/patisserie in Brisbane.
Thanks to Lara, we finally got real French bread and patisseries.
All other French themed bakeries failed to convince me, proposing too often products adapted to the Australian taste. I have been waiting far too many years to get my baguette and brioche right! Their bread is used by well-renowned French Chefs around Brisbane and all their delicacies are as you would find in the most refined bakeries in France. The person serving you is French too and understands what she is selling you. One of the traditional fun thing to try might be the giant coffee cup for breakfast! "Dans un bol, s'il vous plait"!!! The only down side, being French, they are closed Mondays/Tuesdays and 5 weeks per year for holidays!

Reviewed August 6, 2011

I regularly visit Chouquette and enjoy the experience every time. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Always welcoming you into the patisserie in French. A really nice touch!! The display windows are full of beautiful sweets. They are consistently fantastic. The Coffee is excellent and I also recommend the bread and even the lovely baguettes filled with savoury delights for a savoury option. My favourites are the lemon meringue tart and mille feuille !!
It is located on Barker street in New Farm, you won't miss it on the weekends because you will see a Que. out the door most of the day.. Its closed on Mondays, a good tip to remember!!