“show me the way to the next Whiskey Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Morrison Hotel

Morrison Hotel
Ranked #327 of 4,297 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Morrison Hotel is home to Brisbane's Best Steakhouse (Fiasco's) as well as one of Brisbane's best whisky bars The Naked Whisky Bar. We offer full table service in the restaurant making us the perfect venue for a dinner date for 2 or functions up to 100! We don't have a room hire, set menus are available if preferred but we are happy to serve the ala carte menu for any size group and we are happy to split bills.
Adelaide
“show me the way to the next Whiskey Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

I could not help but get "The DOOR's Alabama Song" before setting off to the Morrison hotel. We ordered Oysters and four share platters between four of us. All of us loved the food, loved the atmosphere and loved the service. And of course we enjoyed a couple of single malts. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Gunther P
Jackie P, General Manager at Morrison Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our pub and I am so glad you had a great time, hope we see you again soon :)

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Love the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Great lamb shank pie with peas and sweet potato mash, amazingly well cooked steak which comes with a salad and potatoes. Fast service and great food!

Jackie P, Manager at Morrison Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thanks so much for the review :)
Hope we see you again soon!!
“A Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Have driven past this hotel for 7 years on my way to work and always meant to stop in. Tonight decided to book in for my wife's birthday dinner. Wow, what a great place. Fiasco's Steakhouse certainly does a great steak, and a great sauce. Loved it, and I am very fussy when it comes to a good steak and especially a good sauce. My wife loved her Steak and Diane sauce equally.
This place also has a great Whisky Bar as well and we will definitely be back. In my opinion, the pick of hotel meals around town.

Visited July 2014
Jackie P, Manager at Morrison Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hey Jeff!
I am so glad you and your wife had a great night and I hope it won't be as long between visits now that you have taken a chance with us!
(Oh and if you like your whisky, I can tell you since your last visit we have had another 20 whiskies added to our collection :-) )
See you again soon!
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Steaks Fast Service Great Buffalo Wings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Most Pubs in Brisbane serve great steaks but this is my favourite .Parking can be difficult at times but the Mater Hospital carpark is just next door. Not cheap but well worth it. Try also the buffalo wings.I rate these the best in Brisbane (the blue vein cheese sauce is not as good as The Smoke BBQ at New Farm though).)There are other steak places just as good e.g. Norman and Breakfast Creek outdoors but they do not offer Table Service except in the Spanish Room (Breakfast Creek)
The Hamilton is also great but they do not offer Buffalo Wings.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Geoff H
Brisbane, Australia
“Consistent favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

The Morrison consistently puts up a fantastic steak dinner, delectable food fired pizza breads and a top drink.

Visited June 2014