“Great food, great prices, very noisy”
Review of Verve Cafe

Verve Cafe
Ranked #54 of 4,696 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The meals were large and delicious and great value for the price. The venue itself is as noisy as every other reviewer mentioned, but we were in a group making a bit of noise ourselves, so we didn't mind.

1  Thank amazoncowgirl

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Verve is located close to the river area just a little off of the River Walk area. I went there based on a review that praised their risotto. They are also known for their cider, but as I don't drink, I will have to leave that review to someone else. The restaurant is a dive, just like I like. The risotto was flavorful but was so salty I could hardly eat it. Soon the place got packed and the waitress lost me so that I seldom saw her and even though I wanted to try a dessert I was just glad to leave after being ignored.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I dined at Verve last night and enjoyed it enormously. Nestled in the basement, this surprising restaurant had an eclectic, gluten free menu which is both generous and very satisfying. No nonsense service and a good wine list complement one of Brisbane city's nicest restaurants. Located in the quieter end of Edward St, this is a restaurant well worth the visit.

1  Thank Simon-in-Civic
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We discovered Verve about 12 months ago. It is very different to other restaurants in Brisbane. Located in a basement means it doesn't have natural light but I think this adds to the atmosphere.
Our first visit was mid week around 6pm so it wasn't very busy therefore a lot quieter, however we went again recently on a Saturday evening at 6pm with another couple. Initially it was ok but by the time we had finished out meal it was much noisier. This would not stop me visiting again though as we had finished our meal so just went elsewhere for a coffee.
The food is very tasty, mostly pasta, pizza and risotto. The original thing that drew us to Verve was the gluten free options available, most pastas can be made with gluten free pasta,also the pizzas can be made with gluten free bases. The meals were reasonably priced for a city restaurant. Verve also allow for split bills which doesn't happen very often.
If you like bright lights and quiet restaurants this is not for you, however if you like atmosphere and great food, you should give it a go. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank CMM920829
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stumbled across the Verve Cafe a few years ago while looking for a dinner spot in the city - and have not looked back since! It is now my favourite restaurant in Brisbane!! Firstly, it's an underground restaurant with great atmosphere. It does get a bit loud when busy - and it CAN get very busy and popular! I would recommend going early (Around 6) and also booking if you have a big group.

Service is great - they can recommend the best ciders to go with your meal! The extensive cider menu is fantastic (a bit on the pricey side but it's the novelty that's great). I'm a sweet tooth and would recommend Two Elk or the Peach Three Oak cider ($8 each I think). The bigger bottles are $12-$16.

Meals wise I would highly recommend the pumpkin pizza or the brandy tortellini or the gnocchi! All reasonably priced, super tasty and fresh ingredients. My partner even asked for a modified menu version (a creamy/tomato version of their gnocchi I think) and the chef happily obliged - very impressed.

Lastly, I truly appreciate the fact that they split bills happily! (Becoming increasingly hard in the city with large group parties). All in all, would highly recommend The Verve Cafe to all visitors and locals! :)

1  Thank guppygirl21