“You will only be disappointed”

Decks Seafood and Steak
Ranked #3,023 of 4,783 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My young nephew and his child suggested we try here for dinner when I visited Brisbane recently for business. I had never eaten here before. As soon as we walked in and were left to wait for 5 minutes before someone acknowledged we were there, I felt like turning around and leaving but I didnt want to insult my nephew. There were 2 junior staff to service the whole place and and more senior man who I suspect is the owner. It just got worse from there. The service was non-existant, literally. I had to go to the bar 3 times to get service, even though its table service with $44 mains on the menu (complete rip off). Our meals arrived after 1.5 hours, and the child with us fell asleep at the table waiting so didnt even eat her food she waited so long. It was impossible to get service for anything, drinks, refills, food, even the bill. No one cared, and I dont blame the staff because they were running around, lost, with clearly no direction and stressed because they were so understaffed. The owner needs to take stock of how this business is run. I would never return to this place.

3  Thank AngelKatten

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We recently took some friends who were new to Brisbane to Decks during the Brisbane Festival. Decks is not a cheap restaurant so go forewarned. My wife and i ordered panfried Snapper and our friends ordered Barramundi. We also ordered drinks. We specifically asked for our beer to be cold as previous experience from other restaurants was that they seemed to fill their fridges mid afternoon with warm stubbies and then sell them at 7pm as cold. Not so. I watched as the stubbies were placed on the bar by the barman then left there for about 15 minutes before they were delivered. We only had one each where as we probably would have had two or three. When our Snapper arrived, i found it difficult to cut mine. I honestly thought that i had been served pork it was that tough. My wifes was the same. We sent it back and chose the barra instead and that did partically save the day. Would i go back.? I dont think so. A long wait for food in a partially filled restaurant.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I ate here on numerous occasions with my fiance and friends. We where so impressed by absolutely everything and in particular a certain waiter named "Dennis" we decided to have our wedding reception here.
The food is devine and not once on any trips have we experienced anything like the past reviews.
We opted for the Seafood buffet and choose 5 canapes from their menu I think the Lamb Kofta, Chicken Satay, Chicken and Avocado tarts, vietnamese spring rolls and also calamari all where very tasty.
For the Mains we had Ceasar Salad and potato Salad, Reef fish, Roast Beef, Honey Prawns and a green curry. On top of all these there where also Oysters Kilpatrick and Natural Sand Crabs and prawns.
All the food was very good and we couldn't be happier we would recommend this venue for any wedding reception it was extremely good value for money and the food is awesome.

This all applies not just when you're getting married on all occasions the food has been incredible and we look forward to visiting here on the next available opportunity.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Found this place while staying in South Bank for the one night. Had to steal our water from another table, waited for ages to have someone take our drink order. The lady who appeared to be in charge did apologise though. Meals were great we ordered three entress to share- the kilpatrick oysters, the cold bugs and the scallops with a mornay. We waited for ages for our plates to be cleared but no one came so we got up and paid. Beautiful location and nice venue, for the price you are paying the service should have been 10/10 it was more like 5/10. It was a Sunday night and not very busy so a bit disappointing.

1  Thank Gotthetravelbug13
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have never experienced such a poor excuse for a restuarant in my life. From the moment we walked in until 3hrs later when we walked out still hungry, we were disappointed by everthing. We were not offered drinks until we called a waiter over who had a personality of a 4 day old piece of road kill. After finally ordering we waited 1 hour for bruscetta that was obviously straight out of a can then another hour for the mains to arrive. You would think an apoligy for the wait but no, in return STONE COLD MEALS!! I could not believe it, the meals were unable to be eaten. Upon complaining to the manager who made us feel like this was somehow our fault, she offered to "go and put the meals in the microwave!!!" Finally, upon paying the bill, we were argued with, by the manager, who demanded we pay for the cold meals. I have never been so offended by an over priced, poorly run establishment whose owner obviously has very poor skills in hiring managers, waiting staff and chefs.

2  Thank daddzo