“YEP ITS ALL TRUE!!”

The Spice Avenue Balti Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 4,661 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Indian, British, Balti, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The only British Indian Restaurant in Queensland. Serving Bangladeshi inspired Balti cuisine. Famous across the UK & now available in Australia. Our dishes range from extremely mild to the hottest curries in the world. The extensive menu ensures there is something for everyone. A family run restaurant with 30 years experience in the restaurant industry ensures efficient service & the highest quality food.
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Everything you have read about this place is so true. The food is fantastic and the staff are so helpful.
If you're still not sure,then try it and see for yourself

1  Thank swellu

Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you are hankering for a great Indian like you had in the UK, well this is your place. One of the few places you get the chutneys with the papadums (like the UK) and the Balti as well as the Jalfrezi is pretty damn good.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I thought the punjab was the best but this is No1 WOW OMG the best curry in OZ!!! We are going again today

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have had a few indian dishes here and there in the past but I never got into it. Based on the reviews on TA we gave this restaurant a go and it turned out to be one of the best dining experiences in a while!

The Spice Avenue is on the outskirts of Brisbane but absolutely worthwile the 30 minute drive from the CBD.

The service was lovely and knowledgeable, every item on the menue is explained in detail and they were a great guidance for an indian food novice like me.

We had a mixed starters, popadoms with sauces and two mains (a curry and a balti) including nan, rice and sundriies. Everything was incredibly tasty and fresh and id was hard to stop eating.

With a few beers, we payed 160AUD for two which I find very reasonable given the amount and quality of the food.

Next time Brisbane - I'll be back!

1  Thank Christian K
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have in Brisbane for the past 18m and like most Brits miss our weekly curry! Since our arrival we have tried at least 9 Indian restaurants and have been dissapointed with all.....except this little gem!!! Despite the 40 minute drive the staff are great and the food is fantastic!!! Naz the owner and his son Saleem have even created at my request sag Bhagee to die for! The 40 min drive from Murrumba Downs is well worth it, I hope Naz will open one on the North side one day!!!
Credit where due although a little expensive, this is a proper English Indian dining experience with English beer too!!!!

1  Thank Merryweather81