“Consistently Great Indian Food”

The Spice Avenue Balti Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 4,409 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Indian, British, Balti, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The only British Indian Restaurant in Queensland. Serving Bangladeshi inspired Balti cuisine. Famous across the UK & now available in Australia. Our dishes range from extremely mild to the hottest curries in the world. The extensive menu ensures there is something for everyone. A family run restaurant with 30 years experience in the restaurant industry ensures efficient service & the highest quality food.
“Consistently Great Indian Food”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I had not been here for years but to my delight my Butter Chicken rice & garlic naan bread were as great as I remembered !! You must dine here. Tucked away in the suburbs in Birkdale - you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Aussiegirl1234

“YUM YUM YUM!!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Best food ever! My favourite restaurant in the world. Have been eating here for years, 2-3 times a month recently and it's always amazing. Tandoori chicken Bhuna is my favourite. Everyone I take here loves it as well. The food is always the same quality. If I lived closer I would eat here at lot more.

1 Thank Nickytre
“Superb "British" Indian”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My fifth visit to this restaurant was the same as the previous ones - EXCELLENT! I miss decent curries UK style, but this place always sends me away happy. Quite simply, the food is first class, the staff are excellent and the prices are reasonable. Oh, almost forgot. You can wash down your Ruby Murray with an Old Speckled Hen, Boddies, Tetley, Newcastle Brown Ale etc etc!! What more can you ask for?!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jonathan C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Here To Stay!!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We have had countless visits to the Spice Avenue and not once have we ever had a bad word to say.The service is fantastic within minutes of being seated our drink orders have been taken. The staff know us by first name which makes us feel more than welcome. The food is spectacular. We are never disappointed as our meals are always cooked to perfection. The nan is extremely tasty to go with delicious curries that are to die for. The staff go above and beyond for us which we appreciate, even by going to the extent of cutting the tails off our prawn dishes! To top it all off not only does the staff come and have friendly chats, the chef Naz always makes us feel welcome by coming out at the end of our meal to ensure everything was cooked to our exact likings and specifications. Being part Indian and part English i have tasted a lot of different types of indian cuisines, none have ever come close to what this restaurant has to offer. Need less to say we will be returning to the spice avenue for many years to come. See you next week! (and the week after that)

Raych & Liam

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ChelseaFC08
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Staff, Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We're originally from the Midlands so were very interested to try out this British Balti, and very happy to say we were not disappointed.

Our mixed platter entree was delicious with huge chunks of lean chicken. We both had the Balti Chicken Tikka Masala and again this totally lived up to our expectations and more.

All waitresses were polite and obliging, with a constant smile.

We chatted to the chef Naz who was a warm, friendly and grew up in the same area we did!

On the whole, we had a great night with great food and will definitely be going back again soon.

• Visited May 2014