“Great curry”

The Spice Avenue Balti Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 4,632 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Indian, British, Balti, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The only British Indian Restaurant in Queensland. Serving Bangladeshi inspired Balti cuisine. Famous across the UK & now available in Australia. Our dishes range from extremely mild to the hottest curries in the world. The extensive menu ensures there is something for everyone. A family run restaurant with 30 years experience in the restaurant industry ensures efficient service & the highest quality food.
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food and great service. We were told in advance the food might be delayed but it was only down to the fact that the restaurant was really busy. I liked the honesty. The food came out prepared how you wanted it and reminded me of an English curry house. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Will visit again

There are newer reviews for The Spice Avenue Balti Restaurant

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great British style Indian Restaurant. We have been regulars for 7 years, consistently good every time we go. The food is always fresh and full of flavour, the environment perfectly clean. It has an open kitchen so you can watch the chef's at work. Service is excellent, love it!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

It is not everyday you come across a restaurant that makes you feel at home. The service has been excellent of every occasion that I have been there, whether that be just my wife and I or in a larger group. The food is spot on the money and always hits the spot with more than enough to spare- and I can eat Indian. Needless to say, if you are after authentic Balti or Indian cuisine, do not go past The Spice Avenue. Keep up the great service and food, be in soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

After having to endure some terrible curries since coming from the UK and was told by my wife that my Chicken Pathia days were behind me I was excited to have stumbled across this on tripadvisor.

The staff greeted us with a warm welcome and on being seated in the outside area. Everything was clean and in order. The menu was impressive and everything you could get back home.

After a short while the food was delivered in very good time despite being a busy Friday evening. The food was presented excellently in hot pots. The food was amazing - the only slightly negative comment was the Pathia was not hot enough (my choice for going for the vindaloo however, going for the tindaloo level next time) and the pathia was full of flavour but slightly tasted too much tomato puree...but could be my taste buds!

On a whole it was an amazing place and have recommended it to my pom and jock friends that have stated they miss a decent curry.

I will be going back soon and trying that Tindaloo pathia.....cannot wait.....mmmm I can taste it now!!!

Chicken Pathia 8/10, Sag a loo 10/10, Naan 10/10, Poppadum 10/10, everything everybody else ordered....they loved it but who cares it was my review!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Maybe we visited The Spice Avenue with expectations were too high after reading all the raving reviews but it wasn't the most WOW Indian food I've ever eaten. I made the mistake of getting one of the new dishes (with the tropical fruits) which I was assured is a mild dish but I ended up having to send it back as it was far too spicy for my palette. My husband's korma was delightful but the naan was so-so. Other than the miscommunication, service was great and much better than other Indian restaurants we have been to. It was a 45 minute drive for us and unfortunately, we won't be rushing back anytime soon. It was good Indian food, but not quite good enough for that effort.