“Loved the meal”

Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Great dinner, the Tagliatelle, scallops, prawns, mussels, calamari, fresh crab, cherry tomatoes in
white wine, olive oil, hint of chilli was outstanding, as was the Pappardelle, wild boar and pork belly ragú, mushrooms, peas and chestnuts. David says it was the best tiramisu ever. We tried a glass of the Valpolicella, just lovely. The service was excellent.

2  Thank Elizabeth_and_David

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Yes, one of my favourite dinning experiences (anywhere in this country). And last Saturday night was no exception. I had to return one more time to sample their winter menu, before it's changed for 'spring'. Dining with me was a friend who had been there before and who like all my friends had asked if we could return again. You really have to congratulate Mark (owner) and his team of professionals for 'getting it right' day in and day out, never missing a beat, never disappointing. I can thoroughly recommend Vine Restaurant New Farm, with total confidence that you'll love the place, like we do.

1  Thank SandieLen
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Spent an evening at the Vine Restaurant with about 15 others for dinner and dessert mid week and it was beaut.

The entrees were tasty and plentiful - we shared Bruschetta, Calamari and the Anitpasto plate - all delicious. My main was the Pan Fried Fish and it was fantastic - a slight crispy texture on the skin and beautifully moist inside, served with potatoes and other vegies. The Apple tart with caramel sauce for dessert was a special request and it was perfect.

Whilst the food was worth going back for, I'd also like to say that the service was well worth it. We were predominantly looked after by a young waitress (sorry, can't remember her name) and she was excellent. We were quite a boisterous group, yet she went about her work with such a pleasant disposition and she seemed to be always there to top up our drinks and respond to our requests. Whomever that young lady is, she did an exceptional job and is a true asset to the Vine.

Being from out of town, I'd never been to New Farm before, let alone to a restaurant there. I'll certainly be making the trip back.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

After reviewing several locations in brisbane i decided on the vine for a pleasant evening meal with a new friend. I needed a restaurant that lived up to my expectation of a fine relaxed dining experience with quality service and food to match. Arriving at 8 the restaurant was buzzing, and full. We decided to have a drink at the quaint little bar and was handed a extensive wine list. I decided on a nice cab sav to compliment our meal and was stunned after tasting the cab sav, asked if we would like the wine DECANTED, i have eaten in 100s of restaurants in australia and this is the first time this has been offered. After enjoying our first glass our table was ready, the vine has an excellent menu catering for everybody's taste.Our waitress had an excellent knowledge of the menu and looked after our table proficiently all evening. We ordered the bruschetta to share as our entree and my friend ordered the salmon and i the beef cheeks for main. The meals where delicious and delivered in a timely manner. The meals where cooked and seasoned perfectly. Overall the whole dining experience was magnificent and my friend was very impressed, I'm a brisbane neewbie but she is is not and she was very, very impressed with the vine. Thank you VINE, you have restored my faith in the dining experience. We will be back.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Picked this restaurant based on TripAdvisor rating. We took took the grandparents and a young teenager for dinner and everyone was happy. A great menu of italian styled pasta, fish and meat. Lovely range of light and more substantial meals - no one was disappointed with their choice. Crab risotto was subtle, lemony, and yummy with generous pieces of soft shell crab. The beef cheeks were soft and luscious; grilled trout and seafood tagliatelli gobbled up with enthusiasm. A good range of desserts if you can fit them in. Service is professional, friendly and obliging.

1  Thank Seablooms