“Great Steaks!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Birthday celebration with my wife. Steaks were magnificent. Service very good, not rushing. Plenty of time to chat. Entree definitely not required with size of steaks and accompaniments.
Wine list comprehensive and reasonably priced.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We visited The Boatshed for lunch Saturday. Without a reservation, we were unsure if we would have a long wait as there were many people in the bar area. We were immediately shown to a table . The staff were very attentive during the whole meal. The centrepiece of this restaurant are the steaks and choices available. From all parts of Australia, and lots of cuts to choose from. both Dry & Wet Aged. As this restaurant is newly opened all the décor was fresh and inviting. I have no hesitation in recommending here. I would suggest definitely a booking would be required at night. Good disability access.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We came here to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

First of all, I would like to compliment our hostess - Elle. She was very attentive and accommodating. We got a last minute reservation ans she arranged a nice surprise to accompany our desserts to make the night special. She was able to arrange for a substitute wine when the one I requested was not available. She was very attentive to our child's needs which is nice when you are out dining with a 2 year old.

The atmosphere was lovely and the decor contributed greatly to the overall ambience.

The major factor that leads me NOT to recommend this restaurant is the food. My husband summed it up as "it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. But you eat it because you are hungry".

For starters we had the scallops and prawns. The scallops were cooked beautifully. But the bacon in the dish was completely tasteless. I still font understand why it was there. My husband had the Prawns and though the prawns themselves were cooked nicely, the salad was awful. There was an overpowering raw onion taste and an unpleasant after taste. He did not finish.

Main course - I had the diamantina fillet mignon which I asked to be rare to medium and got as medium-well done. I tried both the bearnaise sauce and the blue cheese butter. The bearnaise was on par with others I have had in other fine dining restaurants. The blue cheese sauce combined with the steak and the bacon wrap it comes with was reminiscent of a cheese burger. Surprising but not all together unpleasant until you have more than 3 bites.

My husband had the lamb and though nicely prepared his cut of meat was 2/3rds fat so he could not enjoy it. He loved the presentation of the leeks (as a breaded ball?).

For dessert - the saving grace - the chocolate brownie was nice. It was simply presented with simple flavours that worked in harmony. The Macadamia tart was tough to cut into and a little too sweet. Our son Loved the vanilla gelato.

Overall I would not eat here again. And it is a shame, because there is potential. But if you are looking for below to average pub-grub in a fancy setting come here.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This place has great eye appeal from the road, so we decided to try it out on a visit to Brisbane. It did not disappoint us. Although we went on a busy night, the staff were very attentive to our needs and the food was more than adequate. The desserts were a little different from the normal fare for a steak house, but again very tasty. The open style of the kitchen is a special part of the dining there. The venue was noisy outside, but in the actual Boatshed, it was fine.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Catch the Rivercat to Regatta Wharf, walk across the road and you will be in the best Steak Restaurant in Brisbane.
Don't believe me? Then go to this Restaurant and post on this site that I was wrong.
Meat cooked to perfection and prices extremely reasonable. Wait staff very helpful without the usual BS.
Meals just enough, well, maybe a little bit more than we could eat and that was without entree or desert.
My particular sign of a good Restaurant, sauce on the side (in a separate serving dish), NOT all over the meat.