“Great food ruined”

Dining options: Breakfast
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food ruined”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

After hearing so much about the food, I had to try it out. The food is excellent and all of us enjoyed what we ordered. The surly waitress however left us all with a bitter aftertaste. Keep up the great food, ditch the attitude.

NB: When someone tells you they cant eat something due to an allergy, it's not their fault, it's real and surely not something new to the hospitality industry. A simple request to a slight change in the order was met with eye rolling, disdain and complete resistance.

Tip: Get over yourself or get another job, you are not suited to this line of work... my job would be so good without customers.

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
“Best Eggs Benedict In Brisbane”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I order eggs benedict whenever I see it on the menu. This self-enforced rule means I have eaten A LOT of eggs bendict, in many different countries. This one is the best I've ever had- served with rocket (not traditional, which I usually hate) which helps counter the thick creaminess of their homemade hollandaise. It received my first ever "10 Bennys out of 10" score. The staff were relaxed but efficient which makes it easy to enjoy yourself. I also tried the corn cakes and they were amazing too! All the dishes around the table looked excellent!

• Visited July 2012
Lucca, Italy
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Always really crowd for a reason: the place is small but it does really good breakfast! A little to wait but worth it

Peregian Beach
“Best Coffee I have ever had - and that's saying something”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stopped here by chance on the way to a yoga workshop, and sat down for a coffee and a gluten free avocado and tomato with balsamic on toast. Delicious! The waitress was incredibly helpful given my solo status, luckily I didn't have to wait for a seat, and the coffee was the best I have ever tasted - and I am a coffee connoisseur. It's a funky urban vibe with great food and great service, no wonder they are so busy. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2012
“Great breakfasts!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We recently had breakfasts here on a Sunday. We were fortunate enough to not have to wait and were seated immediately. Staff were efficient and helpful. The juices were great and we both enjoyed our 2 breakfasts- chowdown (big breakfast) had amazing bacon and chorizo sausages along with a flavoursome onion jam and perfectly poached eggs. The mushrooms on sourdough was flavoured with truffle oil and the eggs were poached perfectly.
Overall we really enjoyed it.