“Pretty on the outside only!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tribeca Apartments

Tribeca Apartments
Ranked #133 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Charleville, Queensland, Australia
“Pretty on the outside only!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I was required to complete some training in Spring Hill for work and was booked in to Tribeca Apartments for the three nights. This place did not fail to impress from the outside and foyer section but the room I stayed in was in dire need of much TLC. The room smelled of cigarette smoke my entire stay. I am assuming this was from the person who stayed before me and smoked in the room! I could see cigarette ash on the windowsill (no screen to stop this)! The stench was terrible and being a non smoker, made my stay very unpleasant. The kitchen was quite modern and roomy but lacked adequate cooking equipment. The bathroom is very old with a shower over bath set up and lots of mould as decor. The carpet is quite stained. Overall I was very disappointed and will look elsewhere for my next stay. AVOID ROOM 102 AT ALL COSTS....

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Blacks Beach, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great unit, reasonable furniture, good location, tiny useless gym. The unit was clean, access was good and we were able to park a 4wd in the lot. The room was clean and functional! Security was good and woolworths is a 400m walk away. The units are a mix of older residential and hotel units but there are maintained and the furniture although not new is in reasonable condition.

Room Tip: Good restaurant downstairs and you get a discount show your room key!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Excellent place to stay. I cannot speak highly enough of this apartment complex.

I stayed here for 2 weeks in January while completing a course nearby. The apartment had plenty of space with a gorgeous view overlooking the city.

The location was very convenient, as was having a woolworths only a short walk down the hill.

I found the manager to be very relaxed but extremely helpful. All questions were answered promptly and thoroughly and nothing was too much trouble... even when I managed to lock myself out of my room.

There was plenty of secure parking spaces available and I found that the complex itself felt very safe which was important to me as I was alone.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay in Brisbane. I'm not sure of normal pricing but as I was staying for a longer time, there were weekly deals on which made it extremely affordable. I've stayed in many places but this is my preferred place.

Looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

# of us stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for 3 nights. The manager was friendly and efficient. Unfortunately the property is in need of a bit of an upgrade. I experienced very poor interent service which cost me $A32 for 3 days. After many calls to the hotels internet provider it was concluded that I could get a refund and have what poor service withdrawn, or to sit on the floor of the corridor while sending my business emails.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the wireless internet points, the restaurant is in the hotel next door and i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The plus side of this apartment was that it was spacious and quiet and walking distance to Queens Mall, Eagle Pier and the local Woolworths. The downside was it needs a really good scrub (showers) etc and some maintenance done and maybe replace the very firm beds. When we arrived the apartment had been obviously cleaned very quickly.The table and gas hobs hadn't even been wiped down. When reception was open, it was Christmas time, mentioning this to the Manager he did have our room serviced that day. This prompt action was really appreciated and he was extremely helpful. On booking I had requested an upper level with a view but alas we were on the first floor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Not the fanciest apartments I've stayed in (even in Brisbane), but fantastic value. Simple basic apartments with basic furnishings and basic kitchens.

Location is great - short walk to Chinatown and the nightclubs in the Valley; short walk to the City; short walk to Roma St Parklands.

There's a surprising number of eateries around Spring Hill - they're not right on your doorstep, but take a stroll in any direction and you'll start spotting them. If you want to venture further afield, Eagle St Pier and the Valley offer even more places to eat. Supermarkets are close by - a large Woolworths and a small IGA are about the same distance away.

If there's a negative, it's that the onsite pool is tiny (I'm guessing 10m long), gym is tinier, and the opening hours are even tinier - from memory the sign forbids using the gym/pool except between 9am-7pm

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Gladstone, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment in December 2012 loved the location as it not to far to walk to the city, there is a corner store straight across from the apartments which is open 24 hours. The room was not to bad the carpet had a fair few stains, the air con leaked, they need to put a air con or at least a ceiling fan in the bedroom as it still get warm in there even with the air con on. The security is good but your tag for doors/ elevators only let's you on the floor your staying on and we had a drama with it because the letter you are givin on arrrival states the you have to put all your rubbish in the rubbish chutes located on level 4 & 5 but we were staying on level 2 so we had to go to reception just to be told oh sorry there's rubbish chutes on every level, you also can not put food scraps in the rubbish chutes so there is food scrap dispensers in the sink witch did not work it clogged up from one peice of food. When we got to the room and opened the fridge there were a box of donuts in there I told reception the next day and they said oh sorry we have put you in the wrong room, so the room was obviously not cleaned or cleaned properly.

• Stayed December 2012