“Consistently superb service”
Review of Glasshouse Bar

Glasshouse Bar
Ranked #264 of 399 Quick Bites in Brisbane
Description: Glasshouse bar draws its inspiration and 'sense of place' from the spirit of Queensland and the iconic landscape of the Glasshouse Mountains, a distinct geographic and heritage symbol of southern Queensland. In a relaxing, social setting you can enjoy the best of Queensland. From locally sourced beverages to sumptuous menu dishes created by our world renowned executive chef who has drawn culinary creativity from local food supplier sourced ingredients. So relax and enjoy your Airport time at Glasshouse bar.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For the discerning business traveller regularly departing from Brisbane domestic, consistency is key and here you will find it. Consistently superb service (Paul has to be the fiendliest guy in Brisbane airport - someone give him an award), consistently great food and consistently on-point coffee. I actually prefer to set up here for breakfast than the nearby Virgin Lounge, not to mention that it also has a much better view.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (85)

Reviewed November 29, 2019

What a great guy Paul is, he was absolutely hilarious on our visit to the bar on our way to Airlie Beach. He made the waiting for our plane go so quickly and it was so much fun. In fact all the staff were friendly but he was hilarious

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 3, 2019

Returning to Cairns from Brisbane on Saturday I thought I would buy a beer a beer costing $14.50 cents.
Running out of cash I presented my debit card and was told there would be another 1.6 % ontop for a credit card fee. NOW paying $ 14.50 for a beer you could say is expensive but asking for more is just plane greedy. Next time Im going to skip the beer. I wonder what they sting you for a mixed drink?

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 3, 2019

We chose to stop in for breakfast here before our flight as it seemed less chaotic than the food court area across the hall. It was definitely a lot quieter and had a night atmosphere. After walking up to the bar where a sign said 'order here', a bartender put up another sign next to it saying 'no service area' and walked away. I took this rather unfriendly hint to mean I should move to another area. We ordered Eggs Benedict for breakfast which was served in good time and was quite tasty. For the price though it was very basic and served on an English muffin.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed November 1, 2019 via mobile

Just wanted a quiet drink at the bar before getting ready for our flight home after a great week in Brisbane. My husband asked me what I wanted and I said a champagne which he ordered for me only to be told we have bubbles not champagne. Now we all know it’s not really “champagne” but he knew what my husband wanted and he didn’t have to belittle him. And he was serious and not trying to be funny. The next round was on me so I went up and got a different bar tender who was under the pump. I told him to relax I had plenty of time. I ordered a champagne and magically without sarcasm or pompous whit I got one. Feel sorry for the second guy working his butt off - he would get 5!

Date of visit: August 2019