“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Belo Horizonte, MG
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Excellent hosting .
Good location, close to some comerce... Safety and silent. Apartment overlooking the city and river Brisbane. System the houseclean is good and realible . Apartment with goods amplances, all perfects functions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have tried many other apartments and hotels in Brisbane but dont know why I bothered. M on Mary never fails on service, location, cleanliness and value for money.
I stayed here this time nearly a week on business and was on the 40th floor in a fantastic room at great value. Staff there are genuinely nice. While we were staying there a car caught fire in the laneway next door and they even handled that emergency calmly and assuredly.
I treid Evolution aprtments last time but it's not a patch on M on Mary. Perfect location too in walking distance to Eagle Pier restaraunts and Brisbane's botanical gardens.
Will never bother trying anywhere else. Well done M on Mary!

Room Tip: High floors have great views of the city
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MOnMaryBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Mantra on Mary, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at M on Mary Apartment Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your view from one of our apartments, we do have such a lovely view from our higher floors.

I am also happy to see that our staff where able to meet your expectations as we strive to provide quality customer service, and I will pass on your kind comments.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night at M, called up to see if we could check in early and reception handled it with no troubles.

Another perk would be that the air conditioning is individually adjusted for each room! Very comfortable even if it was just a night.

Cons: The blanket provided was not very comfortable and they could have provided an extra pillow or so but having said that I'm sure reception could have helped with that.

All in all a good positive experience.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had excellent service when we stayed here, we were able to check in early at noon then went for lunch and shopping (Queen Street Mall is two blocks away). When we discovered we had a faulty airconditioner in our room when we returned at about 4.30, the manager came up to see us within 10 minutes of us ringing reception, maintenance was there in another five minutes, and we were upgraded to a three bed (from a one bed) room 10 minutes after that.
Large modern rooms, close to restaurants/shopping/public transport, easy check in and check out, able to store bags. Only complaint was the lack of black out blinds in the bedrooms of the apartment we were in, the see through blinds let in a lot of light early in the morning.
Overall we were happy with our stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment high up to avoid the city noises (traffic, local restaurants) if you're a l...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MOnMaryBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Mantra on Mary, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Stacey

We constantly strive to attain and maintain high standards of service and hospitality. I am happy to see the actions of my staff helped resolve the air con situation and you were able to enjoy your time in Brisbane. I will pass on your kind comments to my team.

Arce, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Clean, specious rooms with all the comforts of home. Walking distance to an open market were a verity of restaurants and stores can be found. On the backside of the hotel there's a well kept botanical gardens were a relaxing walk along the riverside can be made. The skyscraper living hotel offers beautiful panoramic views of the city. Slightly more expensive than other hotels in the area but worth it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MOnMaryBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Mantra on Mary, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Mangosdead,

I’m delighted you found our location so convenient, we are in a wonderful spot so close to some great cafe, shops and the Brisbane Botanic Gardens.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon to M on Mary
Gold Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

We decided to stay a night at M on Mary after attending a seminar in Brisbane.

The location is perfect, only 10 minutes walk from Roma Street Station; a few minutes walk to Queen Street, Casino and the river.

Around the corner there is a small grocery store, which satisfied my teenage son's nightly binge feeding sessions.

I found no fault with the apartment which was on the 22nd Floor (room 04). I enjoyed a great view of the city and the river in the distance.

The apartment was clean and well presented with modern furnishings and its size was comfortable for 2-3 people.

The kitchen is self contained, the bathroom reasonable in size and a small study for one.

The bed was very comfortable to such an extent it is worth mentioning.

I felt safe with sufficient security in place and staff on call.

The lap pool was warm, I wish I had the opportunity to take a swim. Next time I hope to use the gym and have a sauna.

The staff (day and night) were warm and friendly during our stay and were attentive to my enquiries.

I recommend these apartments to anyone who wishes to stay in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have better views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Suzanne,

I am happy to see that our staff where able to meet your expectations as we strive to provide quality customer service, and I will pass on your kind comments.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I have used m on mary on business trips for the past 3.5 years, and 85% of the time, i have had to have the iron replaced. I almost burnt my clothes because of a very badly burnt iron. The ironing boards are often cheap and wobbly. And once i had a kettle that was rusted through with bits of rust floating in the water. Last week, they hadn't emptied the bin in the kitchen. The sofa seats and backs are peeling off. I was told the rooms would be refurbished in the next few months. In the meantime, they expect their customers to put up with it. They could put a cover on top of the sofas as not only does it look disgusting, but it feels horrible to sit on. The only reason i have persevered is that it is a self contained appartment close to work. But no one else in my company stays here. Definitely not catered for business customers. A couple of the staff are very nice and very friendly, but i feel sorry for them because they are the ones who deal with the complaints while management doesn't seem to care in the slightest.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Msallie1
MOnMaryBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Mantra on Mary, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Msallie1

Thank you for your recent review of the M on Mary Apartment Hotel. We welcome all feedback to help us to ensure that our rooms & service is consistently meeting our guest’s needs. Unfortunately it seems on this occasion and others that we have failed to meet all of your expectations and for this please allow me to sincerely apologise.
I note your positive comments about our Friendly staff and will pass your comments onto my team.
I would like to invite you to contact me directly via email (simon@monmary.com) to discuss your comments regarding the apartment itself, so that I may investigate your concerns further.
As the apartments are all privately owned it is great for us to be able to provide this information to the apartment owners so that we can organise refurbishments and upgrades where necessary, as we are in the process of refurbishments and have started replacing some of the badly cracked couches.
As for the Iron and Iron boards I am sorry to hear you have had such a bad run of luck with them, and I will be passing you comment on to my Housekeeping manager so that she can follow up and replace ones where needed.
We thank you for taking the time to review your stay and hope we get the chance to see you again in the near future, to redeem ourselves.