“Good standard pub cuisine”
Review of Pineapple Hotel

Pineapple Hotel
Ranked #386 of 4,776 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Very pleased with a recent meal with family. My Moroccan lamb salad was delicious, so fresh tasty and filling I didn't want to finish it! You can pick your own steaks at the counter which is great, and have them cooked to your liking.Good wine list (enjoyed the house Merlot). Would recommend.

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Whilst dining at the pineapple hotel today with family, two waitstaff tried to clear my plate at different times as I was clearly finishing my meal, a third attempt was made by an indian waitress to clear my plate, when I said I hadn't finished she walked away and clearly called me a "bi@! h" in front of children and adults at our table. I alerted the manager who did nothing and I recieved no apology, what a shame, such a lovely location and nice hotel. Pity about the attitudes of those they employ to clear tables.

2  Thank KristinP81
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We decided on the Pineapple Hotel on the recommendation of a friend and it was in close proximity of where we were staying. We ate in the Steak House. We had the bucket of prawns, a selection of the oysters, the garlic pizza and the lamb cutlets. All were cooked beautifully and well presented. The prices were quite reasonable as well. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We've driven past the Pineapple Hotel a few times - and thought we would try it one day. The opportunity came when we were staying overnight in a nearby hotel. There are a number of bars and places to eat at the Pineapple but we headed for the Steak House. It was early evening and not crowded. The wait staff were friendly and helpful. We both chose the 200 g Black Angus rib fillet topped with prawns (the garlic cream came 'on the side' along with whatever sauce you chose) The steak was tender and tasty and cooked just as ordered. I had the chips and salad option - but the potato and veggies looked pretty good too. The steaks are on display and you go to the counter to order. You buy your drinks from the bar at the end of the room which has a good array of wine by the glass. Our main courses were $35 each - a bit expensive perhaps - but the meal was good. The menu has cheaper options - particularly if you don't want a steak.
I would definitely go back.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Diner Review • Nov 11, 2013
This is NOT a top class restaurant! You have to go to the bar to get a drink. You have to line up to order a meal and then you get to pay TOP dollar for what is really a substandard meal, and add to that the cashier not having English as a first language, and you have a long wait to order. This leaves the rest of your party (wife) sitting alone at the table. Whilst in the queue I got to watch the "steak chef" use a knife to check how the steak was going!!
It's just the attitude of the whole place. Once it may have been great but that is a long-time ago.
The catch phrase is "famous for steaks, not pineapples" They certainly are not famous for good steaks. Have they not heard of MSA steaks. Even Woolworths sell them! When you are paying $32-$40 for a steak, you expect quality.
My wife had the fish and it was dry and dreadful. This wasn't just a one off visit, we have been there about 4 times before and thought we must have just struck a bad night each time. Not so, it appears, and I see from the other comments here, that we am not alone with our opinions. Will NEVER be back!!
I have noticed that any OK reviews of this place either involve kids and the playground and the quality of the chips or lunchtime visits. We were there at 7.30 PM on Saturday night and it was half full at best. That speaks for itself.