“Serenity!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Queensland
Pinnacle Village Holiday Park
Ranked #877 of 2,203 Specialty Lodging in Queensland
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I travel yearly to Pinnacle, we have explored all available accommodation options within 40km and every year we come back. Our favourite is the train carriages, whilst we have also stayed in the family cabins, they are always clean and if you ever need anything Daryl & Kerrie are always willing to help. There is not many places you can stay for 4 weeks and still want to come back the following year. We take a 8mtr boat with us, and there is plenty of parking, wash down facilities and fish scrap bins. Well done, we are looking forward to coming back next year with our new addition..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dreamsvsreality

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Loved it !! Stayed there for 4 weeks. Thank you Daryl & Kerrie. I arrived on a Sunday and was greeted by Coral at reception. She was so helpful with all the information that she provided, just like a small tourist office and they can even make bookings for any tours that you wish to do the in area. This was my first visit to Pinnacle Village Holiday Park and I intend to become a repeat customer whenever I am near the Daintree. This place has it all, its right on the beach where you can take long walks and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The park has a beautiful canopy of trees covering most sites. The lovely tropical pool was where I spent most of my days reading my books in between dips in the pebble pool. There is also a second pool, which has a water slide for the kids. It has an excellent, spotlessly clean stainless steel camp kitchen, with oven, so I could even bake my healthy banana muffins for morning tea, yum!!. There is Wi FI available which was convenient (for those necessary times to check emails!!). The property also has self-contained cabins and train carriages for those non the caravaners. The managers Daryl & Kerrie are so helpful, I had a green ant attack for some reason and Daryl came to the rescue by providing me with ant rid powder which got rid of my ant problem instantly. They even have a little convenience store at reception, which can provide some of the little things that one might have forgotten to bring. Mossman is only 20 kms away and has a Woolworths for all your shopping needs, and don't miss the Saturday markets. Port Douglas is only 30 minutes away, also has a huge Woolworths, lovely restaurants and shops if you want to have a treat. Oh and petrol is cheaper in Port Douglas at the service station in the street just behind Woolworths. I noticed that this park has many returning caravaners, most people feeling right at home, even raking the fallen leaves around each of their caravans. Not to forget the hard working friendly maintenance guys, emptying the garbage bins every day and tidying up the lawns and vegetation. Beautifully kept caravan park! One of them even lent me an angle grinder to cut a small piece of metal for one of my broken caravan leg supports, now that is service!! (sorry, I can't remember his name). Both shower/toilet amenity blocks were kept very clean by the cleaning staff and there was plenty of hot water pressure in the showers. Overall this place is a fantastic place to stay for short or long stays. When I booked this park I wasn't sure how long I will be staying, Daryl was so flexible, he just booked me in for 6 weeks and told me to let him know week by week. The place was perfect for me, as it was very quiet, it was about 25-50% full during my stay. I was advised that the school holiday period would get busy, which was correct, lots of children, as is everywhere during school breaks. Personally I prefer to stay outside of school holidays. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the place and can't wait to go back. Keep up the great work Daryl & Kerrie and lovely staff. :)

Room Tip: There are only three sun lounge chairs by the pool side, so I suggest you bring a fold up sun lounge...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Zel J
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We planned to only spend two nights here but it was such a great location that we doubled our stay! The owners were friendly and willing to go the extra mile in helping with all our needs. The place was clean and the two pools were excellent after a warm day of sight-seeing. The on-site shop sold everything that you might need but forgot! The only issue we had was that the toilets were shut for about an hour from 9am which was when most people needed to use them and this issue often delayed our departures for day trips! Over then that a great caravan park!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights here in the family cabin and it was perfect. Spotlessly clean and in a good location 40 min north of Port Douglas we would definitely stay here again. Cabin is open plan but has all amenities required including a full sized fridge. While the cabin didn't have an oven in their kitchen, the camp kitchen (also spotless) was a short stroll away. Easy access to the beach and the two pools very welcome after a day exploring. Good laundry facilities and if you are lucky the resident peacock will keep you company.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

For the second time on Pinnacle Village Holiday Park. The name suggests a dull caravan park, but that´s really not true.
A beautiful green setting, with places next to the ¨Bounty¨beach, where you can walk for hours without meeting anyone.
Convenient near Port Douglas and Daintree.
Staff is very helpfull.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

What a fantastic location, you get to live on the Beach in the Rainforest. There is accommodation and sites to suit everyone, and if you like fishing, the reef is closer than Cairns and the Daintree river is on your doorstep. Kids had a ball too. Pools, water slides, camp fires on the beach etc etc. We are going to make a regular thing of staying here not just because of the excellent facilities but to see the wonderful staff again.

Room Tip: Spoil yourself and try the railway carriages.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Right on the beach, tranquil, great amenities...we found this quite by accident and believe it to be one of the best parks/locations around. Roomy sites . Wonderful staff, and easy access to cape trbulalation and Mossman gorge.

Room Tip: Stay a while and unwind
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple