“feed back”

Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Darwin
Perth, Australia
“feed back”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have stayed in most Hotel in Darwin and after staying at Mantra Pandanas I have now found my home away from home. The quality product of Mantra Pandanas is definitely matched by their quality service. The service I received at reception was second to none. The staff made me feel special and important. All my request was met above and beyond my expectations. The T43 Restaurant was also excellent. The staff are all well trained and professional when it comes to customer satisfaction. The food was excellent and great value for money. The apartment I stayed in was well equipped and everything is in working order. The room was fantastic and very clean, Housekeeping and maintenance department standard was second to none as everything in the room was well maintain and looked after. And the view of Darwin city from above is something I will most definitely recommend for both locals and interstate traveller to experience. Great job Mantra Pandanas. I will definitely stay again and will most definitely recommend your property to all my Business associates.

Room Tip: both city and the waterfront view are excellent. To experience both views reception staff are just m...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank George S
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Hi George,

Many thanks for your fabulous review and it's great to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us at Mantra Pandanas. It sounds like you have had a great overall experience and we certainly do appreciate you recommending us to your colleagues.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Top End!
Kind regards Dave.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

They want a quick buck and provide nothing in return.
Iam here for a lesuire trip and return to top end for business trip in January and definatly won't be staying here... Terrible service , moldy bathroom, average room... Can't wait to check out and get out of here. Probably never been more disappointed on a holiday break

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Dalytravellor
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Dalytravellor,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and have investigated your comments with my team but am unable to find any internal feedback relating to this. Please contact me directly so I can personally adrress your concerns and hopefully welcome you back on your next visit with a much improved experience.
Dave Pearson
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Perhaps they should step back and take a new approach to how they treat customers. I have stayed here many times and have always been impressed and happy. They are nice rooms, friendly housekeeping/reception/restaurant staff, good food, and they are in an excellent location. However this time when I checked in there was confusion about my booking. I was staying an extended period in the hotel and therefore needed a kitchen. There was obviously communication error when the booking was made that put me into a standard hotel room with no cooking facilities whatsoever, even though I am sure I had asked for one. If I wanted the kitchen I was looking at 500 extra dollars which I had not budgeted for. They were unable to offer me any assistance other than paying the much higher rate, not even a microwave/toaster in my room. Its a shame that such a nice hotel seems to have little respect for their loyal I customers. I can also imagine that if they will be quite unhelpful for repeat/regular customers then the people who will only stay here once or twice will get treated even worse. A very big bad for an otherwise great hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank clou91
Dear clou91,
Many thanks for your review and we really do appreciate your regular custom. It's great to hear that you have enjoyed your previous stays with us and thank you for your positive comments about our rooms, staff, food and location. I am sorry that our studios and one bedroom apartments were not within your budget range and I understand that you were offered a further discount of an extra $300 for the length of your stay but have declined this. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss how we can meet your budget requirements.
Dave Pearson
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Nice rooms - particularly those that look toward the water. Room is quiet large and has all the usual amenities There's a pool on mid level but didn't have the opportunity to try. Booking in was friendly and efficient. Buffet breakfast would suit everyone's taste. Walk to shops/woolworths/ main street and mall. Reception lent us an umbrella which was very welcomed and gave us information about pick up services to the markets. All in all it was a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water - its not the best view you've ever seen but it's nice to lo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank AaronandSonya
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Aaronand Sonya,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Mantra Pandanas and for taking the time to review your experience. It was great to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and friendly efficient service and we do hope to welcome you back should you decide to visit the top end again.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September 2013, having stayed elsewhere on my previous trip to Darwin, and I was pleasantly surprised. I had been advised that it was 'not as good' as the usual place my company arranges, but I cannot agree. I thought it was far superior than the usual hotel that I stay in.

This hotel is centrally located, with a short 5 minute walk to the Mall. The rooms were large, with a balcony, and a separate sitting area. My room had a king size bed, and was clean and seemed to be newly furnished, making me wonder if they had recently refurbished.

The gym was fairly small, but had all the machines that you would need for a quick work-out, if you were so inclined. The gym was supposed to be open from 7am, but I went there at 6.30 am and was able to freely access and work out without any issues. And the swimming pool and spa area were lovely.

I did not have breakfast, so cannot comment on that, nor did I have any room service, but the mini bar was well stocked and reasonably priced - YAY!!!!

The check in staff were friendly and helpful, and the foyer area was lovely, providing areas to sit and wait for car pickup etc.

I will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank BunkeyBear
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear BunkeyBear,
Thanks for your great review and we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the top end!
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed at Mantra Pandanas for five nights in a one bedroom apartment. Upon booking I requested a room on a higher floor, and I did indeed receive one on level 19, which is the top floor of the hotel (residential apartments above that). Views were excellent. My stay was perfectly satisfactory. The only sour note was when I went to check out I was charged for an in-room movie (for $18.95!!), which I never ordered. The staff explained that I must have accidentially ordered the movie, but I certainly didn't realise I'd done so. Perhaps it will help others to keep this in mind and be careful with their remote control, especially if they have children. Another mild irritation was that the remote control for the TV in the living area would sometimes also turn on the TV in the bedroom, on the other side of the wall.

I'd also like to note that the name of the hotel is misspelt! The plant after which it is named is spelt Pandanus (with a -us at the end), but the hotel is spelt with a -as at the end. It was named like this well before Mantra was associated with the project, but as a biologist it irked me somewhat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank oriolus84
Dear oriolus84,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we apprecaite your positive feedback. It was pleasing to hear that you enjoyed our sevices and facilities and I am sorry that the movie system incorrectly placed a charge to your room account. Thank you again for your comments and we do hope to welcome you back soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Room was nice, clean and spacious. Staff were lovely, very nice and seemed to enjoy their jobs. Location was good, right near main street of Darwin, walking distance to everything. Manager was terrible, poor service and rude. Other than that good hotel and decent services.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Anonymous839
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Anonymous839,
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed the room, location, service and our staff. I was however very concerned with your comments about the manager you spoke with and would greatly appreciate it if you would expand on this by contacting me directly so I can address these concerns.
Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back soon.
Dave.