My wife & I recently stayed at the Mantra Pandanas which was booked by the company that we were taking a Kakadu tour with. The hotel was very comfortable for our initial night's stay & we quite relished the thought of a second night there after a dusty week in the bush.
Sure the corridors may be a little narrow but so what? No porters to carry dust covered bags to the room? We would have been embarrassed if there had been.
But the staff are very attentive & helpful, the rooms are new & pleasant. The bathrooms are modern with a washing machine & dryer excellent additions to wash the red dust out of a weeks clothing. Just be careful as the step up into the bathroom is surprising large (probably to cover the fall in the pipework in the floor of the new bathrooms).
However a few small things the hotel management need to sort out in our opinion -
1. There was no wine or beer in the room when we returned from the bush for our second night. A couple of cold beers in the fridge would have gone down dusty throats nicely.
2. The fire alarm going off three times after 9:00pm at night is not funny, & if I had not read a previous review about the same problem my wife & I would have been very alarmed.
3. The hotel is meant to be a non-smoking venue but other guests were smoking by the pool & using an official-looking hotel cylinder butt collector. If the venue is non-smoking why facilitate smoking by the pool?
4. The coffee at breakfast was just not hot enough on either day that we were there. In fact to get a hot coffee we ended up buying one from the restaurant.
5. There were two computers in the hotel lobby, with the idea of buying a prepaid card for either 10 or 30 mins access. This idea works well, however only one of the computers is hooked up to the printer there. So if you have just confirmed your airline seats & want to print out your boarding pass, you have no idea that you cannot do it from computer #2 & in the meantime have used up the balance of your prepaid credit.
Only small things I admit, but not the sort of things that would stop me staying there again if in Darwin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Darwin, Mantra Pandanas combines sophisticated city chic with Darwin's famous laid back, tropical culture, making this property an ideal base for your Darwin business trip or accommodation choice for the perfect holiday escape. Offering 336 studio, hotel, one and two bedroom apartment style rooms, Mantra Pandanas is supremely appointed with modern contemporary decor and luxury amenities. Selected rooms include a private balcony offering panoramic views across Darwin Harbour and Darwin city skyline, and serves as the perfect vantage point to enjoy the setting sun. Apartments include kitchenette and laundry facilities and can also act as an office with selected apartments providing guests with modem and facsimile lines plus ISD/STD direct dial phones and voice mail message service. Mantra Pandanas is the perfect accommodation option for travellers who are relocating to the Northern Territory or who are on a long stay work assignment. It is also a perfect base for travellers looking to explore NT's stunning natural beauty and abundant local tourist attractions Mantra Pandanas also features two Darwin conference venues which have been designed to equally cater for small meetings right through to theatre style professional presentation. Special occasions, events, functions, weddings and conferences can also be catered for with banquet facilities for up to 140 delegates. The resort offers premium onsite facilities guests can enjoy including, Table Forty Three restaurant and bar, lagoon style swimming pool, spa and fully equipped gym. Guest services include 24 hour reception, internet lounge and business area, tour desk and tour booking service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Pandanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Pandanas Darwin
- Mantra Pandanas Hotel Darwin