“Great service!”
Review of Mantra Pandanas

Mantra Pandanas
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here on a 2 week work engagement in one of the 1 bedroom apartments. Amazing view from the 18th floor, panorama of Darwin Harbour. Well stocked minibar and excellent facilities, including the business traveller's best friend, a washing machine and dryer. Super friendly and helpful staff, particularly Laura and Jamie, who helped me through a scheduling crisis. I would definitely recommend the Pandanas to anyone who needs a clean, comfortable, relaxing place to stay in central Darwin.

Room Tip: The higher the better if you're after a view. Rooms on the East side look out over the harbour
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear balkandishlex,
Thank you for your positive review and it's great to hear that we were able to make your stay such an enjoyable experience. I will share your comments with the team and will congratulate Laura and Jamie on their stand out performances. Thank you for deciding to recommend Mantra Pandanas and we hope to welcome you back should you be visiting Darwin again.

There are newer reviews for Mantra Pandanas

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I found the Mantra Apartments very accommodating for my short stay I'm Darwin. The hotel was located within the main CBD area and local attractions. Special deals are available online and included free parking and late check out! The hotel is also close to the water front and the shopping/retail areas.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Stephanie,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for choosing to stay with us. We're delighted that you enjoyed the experience and were able to take advantage of our special offers. Hopefully you will choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at the Mantra is a studio kitchen room for four nights on a work trip. The room was small but fine for one person. Cooking facilities were good quality with a functional stove top and small microwave. The bar sized fridge was full of mini bar drinks which could be removed to store food. Best things about the room: it was VERY quiet, well positioned on the 11th floor with some glimpses of the water, it is positioned halfway between the CBD and the Waterfront which is a perfect location, very comfortable bed, excellent air-conditioning and two fans in the room, very modern decor and very helpful reception staff, very close to shopping and dining options and very competitive room prices. Frustrating aspects: very slow lifts and no furniture on the balcony (although you can drag chairs from the room) and might be a little too cozy with more than one occupant. So, overall, a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. I will stay at the Mantra Pandanas during my next trip to Darwin.

Room Tip: If you want to do any cooking at all I suggest the kitchenette room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear LighthousefamilyOMG,
It was great to read your comments about your recent stay at Mantra Pandanas and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We agree that our location is just about perfect and glad that you enjoyed our facilities and helpful staff. You will be pleased to know that the balcony furniture is being installed now that the wet season is coming to an end and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Darwin.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I spent two nights at Mantra Pandanus while on a business trip and found my one bedroom apartment very comfortable and functional. It would have been quite adequate for a long stay, with kitchen and laundry facilities and a nice balcony. The corner location on level 11 was superb, affording views of both sunrise and sunset over the harbour ( as well as views of lots of construction sites). The bed was comfortable, although why anyone would want a duvet in such a hot climate is beyond me! Air con worked well but i appreciated the option of a ceiling fan in the bedroom. Staff were friendly and responsive and the downstairs restaurant was pleasant, if not wildly imaginative. The pool is delightful and a nice relief from the heat. My only negative was the lack of hotel information in the room - this meant I had to call reception several times with minor queries.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Ittyfrog,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Mantra Pandanas and we are delighted that you enjoyed the experience so much that you would have liked to have stayed longer! It was particularly pleasing to read that you found our team members to be friendly and responsive and I have shared your positive comments with them. I am sorry that there was not a hotel compendium in your room and our housekeeping team have already followed up on this with a replacement. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we sincerely hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is in a reasonably good location but to be honest, anywhere in Darwin CBD is good? My room was on seventh floor. The floor had a constant 'rubbish Shute' smell combined with some old cooking oil. Really off-putting. The room itself was clean but oh so boring all in grey and white. The air conditioner mixed with the humidifier are so noisy that I didn't sleep too well. Unfortunately I didn't have much of a view but the outlook was not too bad. Biggest problem is bathroom was not 100% clean and the shower leaks terribly all over the floor and under the vanity, which has left unsightly brown marks. Some good points-rooms are spacious and the shower pressure is fantastic with big rainwater shower heads. Overall though I am bored!!!. Last time I visited darwin I stayed elsewhere and might go back there when I visit again in may.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and if they have rooms that open up, even better!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear MissyKafoops,
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for writing about your experience. We're glad that you enjoyed the location, the clean and spacious room and the rainwater shower but obviously disappointed that you experienced some negative issues. I do apologise and have addressed these issues with my management team for urgent attention. It was a shame that you felt bored and hopefully you will give us the opportunity to make your next visit to Darwin a bit more exciting. Thanks again for the feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at the Mantra Pandanus for three nights on a business trip. I only stayed here as my preferred hotel, the Crowne Plaza, was fully booked.

The hotel is fine for a short stay – I did not try any of the facilities (pool, gym, etc.) – the bedrooms are ok and the air-conditioning was up to the job (assisted by an overhead fan and de-humidifier). The room was clean with a very nice bathroom. The internet (cable and Wi-Fi) costs extra and is expensive (this is very common in Australia). Room service meal choice was a bit limited and the quality below average.

The common/public areas of the hotel are a bit more of an issue, especially the corridors and lifts as these are not air-conditioned and in need of maintenance and a good clean. The lobby and restaurant are air-conditioned and better maintained. The breakfast (buffet) was fine, however a decent (espresso based) coffee was extra!

The hotel is conveniently located near to the centre of Darwin, but is away from the sea front.

Given the choice, I would return to the Crowne Plaza (soon to be a Hilton!).

Note - neither, the Crowne or the Mantra Pendanus would be my choice as a tourist hotel. I would look at the Darwin Waterfront Lagoon area (Darwin Holiday Apartments or the Vibe Hotel – I have not stayed at either of these but they look OK).

Room Tip: Higher floors to get the best views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear SWKA,
Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us and we are pleased that you thought our hotel was fine for a short stay. Unfortunately the floor on which you were staying had air conditioning issues in the corridoor (not the rooms) and I can advise that this is in the process of being rectified.I have also spoken to our chef regarding your comments about the quality of your room service meal. Thank you again for you feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Why do everything in grey
Why NO colour
Why have the fire alarm go off most night with no fire
Why bland food
Why mention charges when you haven't listened to the request
Why do things 'turn up' in my room that are not mine
So many whys
Why did I give this 2 not 1 - lack of choices and good location

Room Tip: Ensure you have a balcony
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravellingRainbow
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear TravellingRainbow,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to comment on your experience. I have shared your feedback with our team and we are sorry that you were disappointed by a number of aspects. With regards to the fire alarm, the safety of our guests is our number one priority and the alarm identifies a problem which is immediately investigated and the required action is taken. I do understand that this can be frustrating however we are unable to compromise our safety procedures. Please feel free to contact myself if you would like to discuss anything about your stay and we hope to improve on your experience in the future.