“No other word for it but 'disgusting'!”
Review of Cafe Uno - CLOSED

Cafe Uno
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I went into this resturant as it wasnt crowded, and we found out why! The owner a rude little Italian man with one big ego!!!!! My husband ordered a cider which turned up flat, when he told the young lad who served it up he prompty went and got the 'fiesty little Chihuahua' who told my husband basically that its too bad, and unless he was prepared to pay for another one then he had to live with it. My husband then said we wanted a refund of the meal we ordered which came to $90 dollars as it had a surcharge in it for EFTPOS to which we were told no, if we wanted to leave then to leave but no refund was going to be granted. I believe someone should be looking into this mans business practises, having read a few of these comments it appears there is a pattern. Doesnt look good for the resturanters that are making an honest living.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I made themistake of going to this place. Our sparkling drinks were flat and when we asked for them to be changed the owner said thats how he puchased them so thats how we got them. If we wanted to change them we'd have to pay again.

I asked our bill be refunded so we could leave before even eating again the owner said no. It's good reason they take the money in advance and charge 4% to use an EFT card because the food matches the owners attitude, crap. We left most of our meal and departed.

The owner told me he was from the capital of food, Rome. Well he needs to go back there and learn the real meaning of italian food and hospitality. When we left he was sitting by the entrance with two mates smoking away without a care in the world while his cafe sat almost empty.

The NT is a fabulous place to go and visit and I recommend to everyone just stay away from this place because it really is the worst italian cafe in Australia.

3  Thank peter l
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Whatever happened to the customer being right and being entitled to a total refund without even touching the food in the first place. Cafe Uno has to be the most terrible and disgusting restaurant I've ever been to in my life.

3  Thank Bazzarino
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Terrible food , high costs , bad service , if u want some tomato sauce during ur meal u have to go pay with ur card 5% surcharge first then they will bring it to ur table , same with drinks , $70 for burned chips , frozen dishes reheated

2  Thank Colin H
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Interior is dull but cool. There is alfresco eating beside the footpath.

Indifferent service. You pay at the counter for food and drinks and they deliver once ready.

We have eaten there twice (returned the second time as they were the only café open on Boxing Day).

Be prepared for a long wait for your food. Both times there were only about 5-6 tables of other diners - no excuse really.

Food was okay (but anything is when you are hungry).