“Perfect for a special occasion”

Pee Wee's At The Point
Ranked #2 of 372 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Darwin, NT, Australia
“Perfect for a special occasion”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I did some research for this special occasion (double birthday with my partner) and Pee Wee's seemed to have the best reviews, and didn't disappoint. As soon as you walk in you are made to feel special, politely shown to your table and offered a cocktail. Table was as close to the water as you can get (or would like to be in Darwin!) and the view was great. The sunset was a little further around the point so we couldn't see it but the light and colours were beautiful. The menu is definitely a little more on the fine dining side, everything we ordered was delicious. Would definitely go back for another special occasion. Spent $270 on 2 cocktails, bread, 3 courses each plus a bottle of wine and a liquor coffee.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Dollbr89

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Darwin, Australia
“Beautiful food in a stunning location”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

When my partner asked me where I wanted to go for our 10th anniversary dinner, I immediately answered "Pee Wee's". This is my favourite place for a special night out in Darwin. The food is beautiful and I love looking out onto the water and the twinkling lights of Darwin.

On Friday night they were busy with a function as well as 150 a la carte patrons, but they still found time to remember that it was our anniversary and to write 'Happy Anniversary' on my desert plate in chocolate. I had barramundi as my main and Pee Wee's chocolate sl*t for desert, and both were delectable. If I could fault them on anything, it would be that the size of the mains was a little smaller than we both remembered, although I can't say that I felt hungry when I left.

If you come here during the dry, try to get a seat on the water's edge when you book. If you come during the build-up, try to get a position inside that gives you a clear view out over the water so you can watch the lightning flash and the clouds light up.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Sharon W
“Great spot for a wedding!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We ventured here for a friends wedding and found it to be a sensational spot for the occasion. The food was lovely. Apparently its open as a restaurant as well so recommend checking it out.

4 Thank Andrew F
Darwin
“Very poor service & tasteless food”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Food tasteless and very small serving. Drinks highly overpriced. Service well there wasn't any. Can't actually see the sunset from the restaurant. Furniture also not very comfortable.

6 Thank Suedarwin
Exmouth, Australia
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very nice food, great service and location second to none. No doubt we will return in the near future, thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

• Visited July 2014