“Best restaurant in Darwin, hands down!”

Pee Wee's At The Point
Ranked #2 of 397 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Had dinner there last night for my partner and I's 3 year anniversary, and we absolutely loved everything about the whole night. Top notch service, totally delicious food, great wine and advice. I have been living in Darwin now for a few months and was losing hope that a good restaurant here existed, but I have found it! Congratulations to the owners and all of the staff, you're doing a fantastic job. We will definitely be back!

3  Thank bizlet
Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I LOVE Pee Wees. As a person who is sensitive to Gluten they have an absolutely fantastic choice available for a wheat free diet. The service is great, the food is amazing, the view is to die for and with a great drinks selection it is the perfect package. Best and favourite restaurant in Darwin. If you have not been to Pee Wees in the last 12 months forget what your think you know and give it a go, you will keep going back!

4  Thank Carla P
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We spent New Years Eve with 4 friends. The service was very good as was the food. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. The settings is lovely and I would recommend this to anyone travelling to Darwin or for a special occasion. The best meal we've had in Darwin

1  Thank Kathie F
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Loved our visit to Pee Wees.
Had heard a lot about it so our expectations were high!
But the awesome food, laid-back-yet-fancy-Territorian feel and service was awesome!
Really recommend checking it out if your visiting or live in Darwin.
It's like that awesome special place you can go to celebrate something special :)

Really recommend the creme brulee! And the duckling and pork belly!

Yah!

1  Thank Amy H
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Hubby treated me to a birthday dinner at Pee Wee's this week for my birthday.

On arrival we were greated by a very friendly Indian manager that really made us feel welcome. We were seated inside, by the window and as there was a storm front moving in, it really was the best seat in the house. For guests seated outside, when it rains they close the outdoor area in and I think it would be stuffy and not as pleasant. In the dry season though, I think being seated outside would be lovely.

I ordered a Mojito and for $17 each it would have had to be the best I've ever drunk to be worth it - and it was! Yum! My complements to the barman!

For entree, hubby had the prawn cocktail and for $18 and 4 prawns, it was rather lacking. I had the blue cheese tart and when it first appeared I was disappointed as it was puff pastry, not short crust. However after one mouthful I was sold! Yum! The pesto was Devine and I ate every mouthful!

For the mains, hubby had the pork belly. The port itself was so very tender, but 3/4 fat. I think he may have got the end piece. He said the sauce was also lacking flavor. I had the mushroom stack and again - yum! It was the vegetarian option and everything was cooked to perfection with more if that yummy pesto on the side.

For dessert (and being that it was my birthday) I wanted chocolate! There was only one chocolate dessert on the menu ( I know - shocked me too) called the chocolate sl@t. I had high hopes for this dish and that's probably why I was disappointed. It was... Okay, but there was nothing special about it and I defiantly would not order it again.

Hubby was not overly impressed by the restaurant but I was (bar the dessert) and would defiantly go back. Just keep in mind it is an expensive night out, costing us well over $200 bucks for 2 people.