“Nice Spot Indeed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pee Wee's At The Point

Pee Wee's At The Point
Ranked #1 of 358 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Darwin, Australia
“Nice Spot Indeed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband & I chose this restaurant as a special place to go for my b/day as we knew it would be rather costly; and it was. We arrived early but were quickly shown to our table outdoors with a magnificent view out to the Tiwi Island and the CBD of Darwin. We must have been waited upon by 4-5 staff members, all of which we couldn't fault except for one male who slackened off a little once our order was underway. Mr Rice was very attentive and polite. Dhanushiya was excellent also and helped us with our dessert wine selection to avoid an incorrect choice. Sorry, don't know the names of the other males. We started off with a nice tasting plate which included crocodile. Our main dish of Wild Barramundi for me was lovely and my husband probably would have preferred that instead of the Special of the Day which was snapper. I tasted and enjoyed both fish. We washed this down with a bottle of Pinot Gris which we found to be rather reasonably priced. We both ordered different desserts and they were simply delicious. Well done kiwi chef. And our farewell was just as good as our welcome. Really, we did have great service without it being too obtrusive.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EraDarwin

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Westport, Ireland
“great location, food good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

my wife and i enjoyed the location, our eveing dinner started well, i enjoyed my main course, baramundi , my wife thought her chicken was bland and did not eat it, she was told it was a new item on the menu and the chief would take note, i hope he did because the cost was not.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mandr268
Hobart, Australia
“Wet Season Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Fantastic soft shell mud crab and seafood assiante, would go back just for the soft shell crab. Brilliant view, dry season would be fantastic. Main meal was beautiful, but side dish o bok choy did not need the chilli added, ruined the flavour of a simple dish. Desserts are interesting with homemade icecream, but they need a little work as the feel was not quite right, meringue does not work in the humidity of the NT, would of been best to just leave it out. Over all best spot so far. Reservations are required, especially in the holiday season, we had been trying to get a spot since November.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Miabree
Darwin
“Thank you Pee Wee's. You lead by example.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I've eaten at too many places to expect generous portions from an upmarket restaurant ... so we ordered big and were pleasantly surprised when we could not get through it all!!! Dammit - we had to share a dessert! (chocolate slutcacke or something!) Everything was faultless and the serves were certainly generous. They weren't stupidly big but we just (wrongly) expected that they would be small.

Everything was delicious, the staff were attentive without being in your face and the whole experience was worth whatever we paid... The figure didn't matter.

Thank you Pee Wee's. You lead by example.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank JoseDivolo
Darwin, Australia
“Beautiful food in a gorgeous setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Went here for a special dinner for my partner's birthday. First time for both of us. Despite requesting to sit outside when I had booked, we were sat inside, due to the storm I was told. Yet other couples were say outside immediately after us! I was a bit disappointed at this.

Service was good, initially very attentive but waned a little throughout the night. We had the bread and croc tails as entree. Absolutely delicious!! Mains were the baked barra and chicken. Again, absolutely beautiful and generous serves, we definitely didn't need the side we ordered! They did a great birthday dessert plate for my partner and we shared the 'chocolate slu!''. Exquisite. Needless to say we rolled out of there very full! Expensive but worth it.

Can't wait to go back again, just hope we get to sit outside on the deck next time!

2 Thank KayElle7