“great food, service meh”
Review of Yum Cha Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Yum Cha Chinese Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“great food, service meh”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

The food here is great. I had the yum cha combo (salt and pepper chicken, BBQ pork and roast duck) and the bf had crispy chicken. It was all delicious but next time I go I'll be ordering a chilli salsa or something on the side as the combo was just served with sweet chilli. The service was pretty average but not too bad. I went through four 'wine by the glass' selections before I found one they had in stock. I'm not sure if it was just a difficult time with end of month and wine orders or something

Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Darwin, Australia
“Terrible service”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Always boiling water, wait too long for tea. Waitress took the orders but never come back. Dishes not come at the same time and can be half an hour late.Especially on Sundays ,always very hard to get served.

• Visited August 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Ok yum cha experience”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

To start with I love yum cha, so maybe my expectations are high. I think this is the only place in Darwin that still offers yum cha, so they've got a monopoly over it, however was quite disappointed with this place. Don't get me wrong the food was great, but the service was pretty slow and uninviting. We were the first group in there and had to keep chasing up the waiters to ring the food. For yum cha I expect the for to be coming out so quickly you don't have a chance to realise you're full!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Granules2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Not Bad”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have eaten here on several occasions. Service I found was o.k. Food is nice and well priced. Quite an old building that could require a facelift.

• Visited June 2014
“best place to party”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

the service and food was really good and lovely ... we booked the function room and enjoyed the karaoke... in total i highly recommend it

• Visited April 2014