“Very good vietnamese for Northern Territory.”

Vietnamese Saigon Star
Ranked #110 of 367 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Very good vietnamese for Northern Territory.”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Price is cheap and quality is good. One of my favourite restaurant in Darwin. I always go there when I’m in Darwin. Would recommended.

Visited October 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
“Good service and food”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Was also able to use my IPad while enjoying good Vietnamese food.ip would definitely return to this Resturant again.

Visited March 2014
Mullaloo, Australia
“Pho”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Had the pork and wonton soup. Was very tasty and a good size. Sliced pork was tasty also. All for only $12.50. Might wanna serve some hotter chillies though.

“Disappoint with food !”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I got a basic chicken cashew , plenty of chicken with the meal , chicken was stringy and waste less .
Would never go back in a hurry

gagadju
“Hair mixed with bean sprouts, slow service, very disappointed”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have dined here on numerous occasions in the past and they were fairly good. Yesterday, I came here with 5 others just after 11:30 am. There were already some people in the restaurant but it wasn't busy. However, it still took about 40 mins for the first meal to arrive. When my side plate of bean sprouts with chillies and a lemon wedge arrived as accompaniment to my egg noodle soup with wontons and bbq pork, there was a long black hair intertwined with the bean sprouts. I spotted it right away and ask for it to be replaced. The meals came out one at a time. The person who got their meal first waited for awhile until everyone had their meal in front of them. By then only the last person who was served had a hot meal. Everyone else were cold. Furthermore, one of the meals we ordered was not cooked as ordered. We specifically requested vegetables to go with the chicken fried rice and when the meal arrived there wasn't a single vegetable present in the dish, just a lot of dried up fried rice with a bit of fried egg and some chicken pieces. Very disappointed.

I'm not sure if I will return to this restaurant again. I was extremely disappointed with the slow service and the fact that they could not get it together to bring the meals at the same time. NO ONE likes to sit and wait for a long time for others to get their meal and NO ONE wants to eat a cold meal.

It seems that service has slipped since I last dined here. The only thing that hasn't changed is that the lunch menu is still reasonably priced, this is probably the only saving grace for Saigon Star.

• Visited November 2013