“Great Food, Poor Service”
Review of Thai Thai

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Food was great. I found once that the vegetables in the sweet and sour sauce were off but otherwise no complaints regarding the food (which tastes delicious!). I would caution newcomers to be aware that most of the staff do not speak fluent English. The other day we ordered sweet and sour with corn and they thought we said prawn so we were charged extra ($16 for a takeaway container). After having explained, we waited another 10 min for them to fix our order. When it came time to pay, we were told we could have $2 off but the lady at the front desk only took $1 off. Not much of a difference but why do businesses always make mistakes in their benefit and not in the benefit of the customer? Also, if you order by phone to have it delivered to your place, are you aware that you receive a complimentary bag of prawn chips and 1.5 L drink FREE providing you spend over $40-$45 for the order??? I didn't know this and was not informed when I spent $55 on one occasion. Had to wait 1 hour and rang up to find out what was happening. They told me "Oh we don't do deliveries after 9pm".. I said "well I ordered an hour ago already". Overall, good food, but waiting time and service could be improved.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Have only purchased take away. Nice food, little slow but they are usually very busy so thats a good sign

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Thai Thai is a little local restaurant that does brilliant takeaways for Darwin's northern suburbs. We've been patrons of this place for over 10 years. The menu isn't comprehensive and while the acoustics aren't fabulous for dine in, it doesn't impact on the the quality of food. They offer pick up or free delivery to your destination for orders over $35. We've even ordered from Casuarina Beach on sunset and enjoyed fresh Thai, a glass of wine and the most stunning outdoor ambience of tropical Darwin.
Pad Thai and Tofu Rendang are two of my favourites.

1  Thank BronwynClee
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I had dinner at Thai Thai tonight as I have done many time before. The service is friendly, the food tasty and the prices reasonable. The location on Trower Rd makes if convenient and popular as a takeaway as well as to dine in.The decor and presentation are local takeaway standard rather than fine dining but the prices reflect that.

Note that it is a BYO restaurant. For overseas visitors that means you may take your own alcohol as the restaurant does not sell it.

For those wanting home delivery there is a minimum order. The last time I used it the minimum was $25,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have been visiting Thai Thai since 10 years now and i find it to be very reliable.
The food is quite tasty, sort of genuine thai food. Variety could be better but its ok.
Portions are good size. You can dine-in in the small but cosy restaurant or take out your food or have it delivered.
Prices are on the higher side but then so is almost everything in Darwin.
Probably the restaurant I would recommend most in the northern suburbs of Darwin.
Overall very good, convenient, cosy and easy.