“If you're hungry, go here...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Seafood On Cullen

Seafood On Cullen
Ranked #30 of 359 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Adelaide, Australia
“If you're hungry, go here...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Went one evening after a big day at work. Drinks instantly provided, food all around and overflowing: perfect.
Seafood was not the primary offering, but everything else more than made up for it. Great range of dishes that were not short on the expensive ingredients.
Would agree that the range of desserts could be improved; while spectacular, a chocolate fountain is not to everyone's taste.

• Visited November 2012

“If you are after ambience, atmosphere, or are going to socialise with friends and maybe have a small meal, then don't even bothe”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

If all you are going to gauge on a seafood buffet then dont bother reading my review.

However, if you are going to socialise with friends and don't feel like paying $30 for 'all you can eat' then don't even bother setting foot in this place..

If you are looking for ambience and atmosphere to go with the picturesque location.. Then again.. Keep walking.
This certainly IS NOT the place for you.

I have been living in Cullen Bay for some time now and was invited to attend dinner with friends.

Due to just getting over a parasite in my stomach, I decided a seafood buffet wasn't for me on this occasion, but I wanted to still be sociable, and also sus out the restaurant to potentially take my family and friends there in the future.

The young waitress was extremely pushy and rude and insisted that I pay $30 to just sit there and not eat.. Or if I didn't want seafood they had 'other food.'

I was given an option of paying to sit there and not eat, or to leave. Needless to say I left.

I would like to point out however, that when I first arrived at the restaurant I asked if I could order an entree, and they said no, they only had a buffet. I said no worries, I will just sit with my friends, and the young man lead me to the table where my friends were sitting. (perhaps then would have been an opportune time to let me know of my options?)

Absolutely disgraceful, and as a result I will tell everyone I know of this humiliating experience, and in turn will be taking my friends to other restaurants.

Gympie, Australia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

After reading previous reviews, My expectations were high. Seafood was the minority food on the menu, apart from the standard offerings of prawns and oysters, only one fish dish was available. $38 per head was a little more than I expected. Service was fine, although being outside it wasn't always easy to get noticed

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Nov08married
Darwin, Australia
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Always has a fantastic variety of food can never complain about the quality or freshness. Could possibly have a wider variety of desserts ;-)

Visited September 2012
“Cold food.. Cold service.. Beautiful view!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food was presented nicely..
Shame all the hot food was cold..
Host did not care.. No offer of discount given.. No manager on site.,
Will mot return..warm chicken in a hot buffet is asking for trouble..
Beautiful view but would be better off taking a picnic and sitting on the grass in front of it..

1 Thank Sharyn G