“first impression was a long way off. this place is fantastic!!”
Review of Nirvana Restaurant

Nirvana Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 394 Restaurants in Darwin
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I must say that I wasn't impressed when i first walked into Nirvana. A mismatched decor which hasn't quite acheived the charm that i think they were aiming for. We were led out to a room at the back and my impression wasn't any better.

But the food... AMAZING!! i have never had a better pandan chicken than the one i had here, and the bug tails were equally sensational! we received excellent service to match the quality of the food. I will be back to Nirvana very soon...

1  Thank jimmy3536

Reviewed July 21, 2011

We had read that Nirvana had live jazz or blues on specific evenings; so we made a dinner reservation, specifying that we were coming to hear the music (blues that evening, we were told). It turned out that our reservation time was too early for the music--which we had not been told when we reserved. (We could easily have booked for a later time.) We tried to eat and drink slowly; but the music was about to start only as we were leaving, and by then the bar area was full to bursting, so we could not stay on to hear it. Also, although the dining area is divided into comparatively small-size rooms, the noise level is too high for ordinary dinner-time conversation to proceed comfortably. The food is good.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I'm going to Nirvana restaurant since 8 years, with friends, family, my wife or visitors from overseas and i never had anything else than a wonderful evening. The food is very good, well balanced in taste, beautifully cooked and presented in a very mouthwatering way. This goes for entrees, mains and deserts. The portions are of good size and the prices are very reasonable. Nirvana has a fantastic selection of beers, wines and spirits and other alkoholic drinks, a nice bar where you can have a drink before or after dinner. The setting is very relaxed, romantic and friendly, makes you feel 'at home'. Rather dark lighting with candles on the table add to the cosy atmosphere.Live-music on the weekends with blues or jazz, not too loud is fantastic! Service is good, fast and friendly, very caring about their customers. Thank you Nirvana restaurant for beeing so reliable, unavailable and providing so many beautiful evenings to my friends and family and me. Highly recommended!!!

3  Thank alphacentauri74
Reviewed June 5, 2011

My wife and I went there for dinner, we ordered different starters and main courses and found that the food was barely warm when it arrived at the table. I think that this is a health hazard. If you go to the place ask them to serve the meals hot, it might help.

3  Thank AlanH9953
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We ate twice at Nirvana, once wasn't enough. There are 3 menus, Malay, Thai and Indian and it's all good. Presentation is the standard share and share alike. Portions are generous, service friendly, and the noise level high from the folk enjoying their after work drinks. We loved it.

1  Thank CanBrit1