“A place to go with friends and family”

Fannie Bay Super Pizza Italian Restaurant
Ranked #273 of 391 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT since Nov 2016. This is a longtime Darwin favourite. Fabulous pizza, pasta, Italian meals and desserts. Fully licenced, with BYO wine if desired. Open for dinner seven nights a week. Family friendly atmosphere, owned and opperated by local families.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Great fun venue. Great pizzas and cosmopolitan atmosphere. Bring your own choice of wines and enjoy sharing your day.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a BYOG casual place, pizzas are good.
Need to book in the later part of the week. This is a very busy place, can be a little noisy but this adds to the atmosphere a good place to go with a crowd. usually closes around 11ish of an eveing

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My parents used to take me to Fannie Bay Super Pizza as a baby. I have always been an extremely loyal customer. The food is what has kept me coming back, even after pretty horrific circumstances last year with a chef collapsing in the dining room and everyone walking on by, i tried to continue going. After my experience this week, im done.

The food is generally good. A pretty simplistic variety of meals, and they really know how to perfect their calzones. Pizzas have the Smokey flavor and the pastas are traditional and very tasty.

I ordered the Scaloppini Marsala this week and it was by far the WORST thing i have ever tasted. It tasted as though they had poured 2kgs of brown sugar into the sauce. When i questioned the middle aged lady up at the counter (who is family and been apart of the business for as long as i can remember) about the sauce, she rolled her eyes and told me "that’s how it comes". Which is fine, not everybody likes every item on a menu and its all about personal taste, so i didn’t let it get me down.

A couple of nights ago, we ordered our weekly takeout with some friends and opted for good old Super Pizza. We placed our order at 6:55pm and were told it would be about 20 minutes;

- 1 Pizza
- 1 Calzone
- Calamari w/ chips
- Spaghetti Bolognaise

So about 35 minutes later, I head on in to collect our order. When i got up to the counter, i could see the SAME lady and two gentlemen (1 older pizza chef and 1 younger) were deeply involved in a conversation. So i just gave them a nod and a smile and went over to the side to sit down. After about 10 minutes the lady caught my attention by glaring at me. No hello's or sorry about the wait, just a "what’s the name?"

I advised her of our order and the name it was under and she just turned and advised me that "it wasn’t ready yet" by this stage it was 45 minutes after we had ordered, which was fine. I had my phone to play around on so i wasn’t too fussed.

After an additional 20 minutes, bringing my total time to over an hour, i asked if it was going to be much longer. I got a complete death stare and without saying a word, she disappeared out the back into the kitchen. Sure enough, about 5 minutes later she reappeared with my food.

As she proceeded to the counter and put the food on the counter she said, "cash or card", i gave her my card and thanked her for the food. As i handed over my card she began to process the payment, when the EFTPOS machine was handed over the total came to $132! I almost died. When asking for an itemized receipt, i was handed the menu and told the prices were on there... OUCH!!

Thanks for all the good times Super Pizza, but they are in the past. I will not continue to pour money into a local business that is renowned for their TERRIBLE service. I would rather give my hard earned money to a business that is happy to have customers walk through their door and support them. You lot look like you’re doing us a favour by serving us. I’m extremely sad its come to this, as you have the best spaghetti bolognaise in Darwin but its not worth having to put up with your poor service and terrible attitudes!

5  Thank FoodSunLove
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We used to come here all the time as children and it looks exactly the same - same table cloths and business cards around the walls.

They were very friendly to our kids and were happy to accommodate us for 9 people even though we didn’t have a reservation. We were offered drinks and garlic bread to start while we waited on the rest of our group to arrive which is something that other establishments could learn. Food service was quite quick and all cooked well. Pasta was bland, pizza was good and the calamari was best.

It was a good night with simple food but the best bit for the kids is watching “The Man” make the pizza and getting the off-cut dough to play with to keep them quiet. I’m pleased that the same trick that worked with me as a kid is still going strong today.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I love the pizzas here, I have always gotten take away so I do not know what their service is like but would always go back!