“Good variety, reasonable value Thai food”

Asian Gateway Restaurant
Ranked #143 of 367 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Darwin, Australia
“Good variety, reasonable value Thai food”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I've been to the Asian Gateway restaurant at least once before and was reasonably impressed with the food then so decided to give it another go with some work colleagues. I guess the one thing I didn't like this time (which I didn't notice before) was a somewhat musty smell as we walked into the restaurant. Other than that, the menu range was good, service was prompt and friendly and the quality of the food wasn't too bad at all. At around $35 per person for two courses plus drinks, I think the meals were good value. The owners could probably smarten up the room a little to make the ambiance a bit better, but I'd be happy enough to go back there again.

• Visited April 2012

Darwin
“great night out”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I went to this restaurant with a large group of female friends. The restaurant is quite a local one as it is located in a little strip of shops within one of the northern suburbs. The restaurant is reasonably sized and was full whilst we were there. In fact they were sending people away quite regularly, which shows that this place must be popular with locals. People didn't seem too dressed up when they came in.

The food is Thai although I had always thought this was a Chinese restaurant. The food was very tasty and didn't seem to be too 'westernised' in regard to spiciness! The food was served in lovely dishes and the service was very good. It is fully licensed and they had a good selection of wine.

I would go here again.

Lou

• Visited February 2012
Darwin, Australia
“Local Gem”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I don't think you can order a bad dish here, everything I've tasted has been excellent: flavourful and good value. Very nice vegetarian dishes too although it's hard to go past the Thai Green Chicken curry.

1 Thank awarrJP