“Fascinating and informative”

Indo Pacific Marine
Ranked #40 of 127 things to do in Darwin
More attraction details
Owner description: Indo Pacific Marine began on 1971 as a privately funded project to develop and establish onshore marine ecosystems highlighting the unique features and biodiversity of the coral reefs that are in our Darwin waters.Indo Pacific Marine has become the longest established man made facility in the NT and has received industry recognition for its excellene over many years, in areas of conservation, eco tourism and education.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My adult daughter and I spent a couple of hours here. John was wonderful and his passion for marine life shows with his great knowledge. The place was hot, (it is the wet season) but there were plenty of fans. It's not very big, but well organised and displayed. Would love to come back for the "Coral Reef By Night" in the dry season, sounds really amazing. Thanks John for the informative tour & lift to the museum.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had not been there since I was at school, but I decided to take my 3yo there as he loves fish. Sitting down to watch the video at the start was a little much for him, but the tour guide (the same guide I recalled as a kid myself!) came in and asked him if he was ready to see the fish? My son was very keen and they set off as a pair. He took us to a rock-pool-like tank and we must have spent a good 20mins there where we talked all about the fish and I learned lots. He then walked us through all the other tanks and my son even got to feed a barra! He loved that. It was a good time and I could have sat there for ages just watching, but my 3yo had other ideas.

The only negative I will give is that it wasn’t air-conditioned, though I think that was so the tanks didn’t get too cold. Still – it was hot!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Sea life on display here was stunning, and our guide was informative. We happily spent several hours there viewing this rather small, but unique and high quality facility. It would have been nice to have had more in the way of printed informative material when the guide was not with us.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Here you can see the underwater world around Darwin. It is nice to visited. The staff tell which creatures lives in the water.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

over many years I have taken numerous friend to Indo Pacific Marine. This Iconic display of sea life from Darwin Harbour is possible unrivaled in the world being expertly interpreted by John. This is a must for every one for all ages

2  Thank Arnhemland-Safaris