“Unexpected surprise”

Ranked #19 of 127 things to do in Darwin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We visited on an extremely wet day on a whim as we had some time to fill in and were so happy we did. The staff lent us huge umbrellas use when we walked around the park, all the animals were healthy beautiful animals and seemed very happy. I have visited many animal parks/zoos and this is one of few places I have seen big cats looking so content. The crocs were beautiful, small collection of snakes which we had an opportunity to hold.
Could clearly see enrichment activities in enclosures for the animals, cassowary happily pecking away at some watermelon.
My family and I were pleased we visited, would recommend this place to anyone visiting Darwin

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Had an awesome time there feed a croc held a baby croc must see if ever in Darwin .has food n things to buy at the park must wear hat n take water to drink can get very hot.

1  Thank Tracytownsend
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Quite fascinating if you want to learn about crocodiles, and is also a small Zoo. Handbags made from corocodile skin were very expensive though. Kids loved it, even the big kids that got to hold a baby croc.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I always come here and take my nephews who are 2 and 3 and they LOVE crocodylus park. They love seeing the crocodiles and seeing people feed the crocodiles. It's wonderful they offer the public the opportunity to feed the crocodiles. The other thing that is fantastic is being able to hold a baby crocodile at the end. One thing that I never knew about the park is that there is a museum - there is no signage and I have been there 3 times. Somebody asked me if I had been in the museum and I asked what museum - so please encourage people to go and view after.

The tigers, lions and other animals are really exciting to see up in Darwin. Darwin lacks a lot in entertainment so this place certainly is a highlight - particularly for tourists.

Recommendation: Be sure to take hats and sunscreen as there isn't a lot of shade.

1  Thank danykelly
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Good little spot well maintained, it is a smaller park, don't expect wide open spaces. Animals are looked after well, nice and fat and enclosures are clean . Staff are friendly.