“Great service for a good price”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We checked in for two nights after coming back from Kakadu. It was a great choice we made to stay at this hotel. We had a fairly nice view of the esplanade and the room and facilities were great, fantastic buffet breakfast. All up a very pleasant stay. If I could get a deal like I did this time around I'd be happy to visit again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your comments Deano D, I was delighted to see that your stay was such an enjoyable one.

We hope to see you again one day soon. Remember to access our best prices guaranteed to visit doubletree.com

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I recently stayed at the Double Tree Hilton Hotel in Darwin and have to say it was excellent and very reasonably priced! The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were very comfortable and modern and the pool area fantastic. The hotel is slightly further away from the centre of town and about a 10-15 minute walk from Smith Street Mall but walking along the Esplanade each morning is lovely and really isn't a problem unless it's pouring with rain! I would definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Natalie C

I was delighted to see that you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Had a nice enough stay - was relaxing to sleep. We had a room which had a view of the pool, 2 x queen beds and self control air con. Had room service which was quick and tasty - would recommend.
Was great that we ended up not paying for this room - not quite sure it would have been worth the $109 for this room with no view, the tv movies weren't working either.
Apart from that though it was an ok stay and if it were a cheaper room would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear BSarahRaeH

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleases that your stay was an enjoyable one. We did have an issue with our in-house movie system during your stay - I apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Once again, thank you for your comments and the team and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Have stayed here quite a few times ( 5 times ) during the wet season with the locals rate ( far too expensive during the tourist season ) and found it good value for money. The rooms are fine but the bathrooms are getting a bit tired, the irons are of varying quality and they don't provide wine glasses in the rooms. On all the other visits I have not had to complain but this time I was annoyed that they didn't tell us about the renovations until we checked in. Most hotels advise there will be noise from renovations before you book so I was disappointed when we checked in to be advised of bathroom renovations ( which they need as mentioned above ) and "jack hammer " noise we were going to experience in the morning. Maybe put a note on the booking page about the renovations in the future. ps thanks for the morning coffee.

Room Tip: try and get a room facing the Esplanade for great sunset views and if here in the wet season, you ca...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear trisicairns

Thank you for your comments and I apologise that the bathrooms renovations negatively impacted your stay with us. Wine glasses are available for our guests by contacting our CAREline, along with any other amenities that our guests may require.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Darwin.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I paid $129 for the night and the hotel really was value for money. A great view of Darwin Harbour from my room on the 5th floor. I would recommend staying at this hotel after the renovations are finished.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Meredith I

Thank you for your feedback about your recent time with us. The harbour views from our Juliette balconies are amazing, I hope you managed to see a few sunsets !!

Thanks again. The team and I hope to see you on your next visit to Darwin. To access our best rates guaranteed, please go to doubletree.com to make your next reservation.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

The room was comfortable and modern, the check-in staff were great, and the warm cookie on arrival was a nice touch! We were also upgraded to have a water view, which was a nice surprise. The rate was very reasonable for the quality of the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Sarah H

I was delighted to see that your stay with us was such an enjoyable one. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

The team and I hope to see you again when you next visit Darwin. Remember to access our best rates guaranteed to go to doubletree.com to make your reservation.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I am booked in here for work for a week and I must say I would not choose to stay here again. The first rooms had a mouldy smell and mould in the bathroom. My colleague had damp walls full of mould that were dripping on her towels. The Duty Manager Ravi was wonderful and he let us see and choose alternative rooms.

Unfortunately the glass sliding door on my balcony was rattling all night and kept me awake. I reported this to the morning staff as I was leaving for work at 6.30 am asking them fix it. When I returned 12 hours later it was still not fixed. Once again Ravi came to the rescue and came up with a temporary solution.

But it doesn't end there, tonight I went to have a shower and there was no hot water. I called reception only to be told it was the first she had heard of there being a problem and she will tell maintenance tomorrow. This doesn't help me tonight or in the morning before I go to work. Upon checking trip advisor I see that others have reported the hot water issues recently!

Once the rooms have been renovated I would consider staying here again but this is only due to the fantastic service from Ravi who has really tried to assist to correct the all the issues this hotel has.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank npwebb

Dear npwebb

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay and I was sorry to hear that your stay was not an enjoyable one. We did have some issues with our hot water due to a contractor turning the wrong valves and this has since been rectified. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this would have caused you.

I am pleased that Ravi, our Assistant Manager did provide you with excellent service and I will ensure that he is recognised at our next team member celebration.

Once again, apologies that your stay was not what you had hoped for. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any future stays and I will do everything that I can to ensure that your stay is an exemplary one.