“Was Pretty Good - Can Tell it's being updated thogh”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Darwin, Australia
“Was Pretty Good - Can Tell it's being updated thogh”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Had a nice enough stay - was relaxing to sleep. We had a room which had a view of the pool, 2 x queen beds and self control air con. Had room service which was quick and tasty - would recommend.
Was great that we ended up not paying for this room - not quite sure it would have been worth the $109 for this room with no view, the tv movies weren't working either.
Apart from that though it was an ok stay and if it were a cheaper room would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear BSarahRaeH

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleases that your stay was an enjoyable one. We did have an issue with our in-house movie system during your stay - I apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Once again, thank you for your comments and the team and I hope to see you again soon.

Carey Osborne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Turkish first
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Have stayed here quite a few times ( 5 times ) during the wet season with the locals rate ( far too expensive during the tourist season ) and found it good value for money. The rooms are fine but the bathrooms are getting a bit tired, the irons are of varying quality and they don't provide wine glasses in the rooms. On all the other visits I have not had to complain but this time I was annoyed that they didn't tell us about the renovations until we checked in. Most hotels advise there will be noise from renovations before you book so I was disappointed when we checked in to be advised of bathroom renovations ( which they need as mentioned above ) and "jack hammer " noise we were going to experience in the morning. Maybe put a note on the booking page about the renovations in the future. ps thanks for the morning coffee.

Room Tip: try and get a room facing the Esplanade for great sunset views and if here in the wet season, you ca...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear trisicairns

Thank you for your comments and I apologise that the bathrooms renovations negatively impacted your stay with us. Wine glasses are available for our guests by contacting our CAREline, along with any other amenities that our guests may require.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Darwin.

Broome, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I paid $129 for the night and the hotel really was value for money. A great view of Darwin Harbour from my room on the 5th floor. I would recommend staying at this hotel after the renovations are finished.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Meredith I

Thank you for your feedback about your recent time with us. The harbour views from our Juliette balconies are amazing, I hope you managed to see a few sunsets !!

Thanks again. The team and I hope to see you on your next visit to Darwin. To access our best rates guaranteed, please go to doubletree.com to make your next reservation.

Jabiru, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The room was comfortable and modern, the check-in staff were great, and the warm cookie on arrival was a nice touch! We were also upgraded to have a water view, which was a nice surprise. The rate was very reasonable for the quality of the room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Sarah H

I was delighted to see that your stay with us was such an enjoyable one. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

The team and I hope to see you again when you next visit Darwin. Remember to access our best rates guaranteed to go to doubletree.com to make your reservation.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I am booked in here for work for a week and I must say I would not choose to stay here again. The first rooms had a mouldy smell and mould in the bathroom. My colleague had damp walls full of mould that were dripping on her towels. The Duty Manager Ravi was wonderful and he let us see and choose alternative rooms.

Unfortunately the glass sliding door on my balcony was rattling all night and kept me awake. I reported this to the morning staff as I was leaving for work at 6.30 am asking them fix it. When I returned 12 hours later it was still not fixed. Once again Ravi came to the rescue and came up with a temporary solution.

But it doesn't end there, tonight I went to have a shower and there was no hot water. I called reception only to be told it was the first she had heard of there being a problem and she will tell maintenance tomorrow. This doesn't help me tonight or in the morning before I go to work. Upon checking trip advisor I see that others have reported the hot water issues recently!

Once the rooms have been renovated I would consider staying here again but this is only due to the fantastic service from Ravi who has really tried to assist to correct the all the issues this hotel has.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank npwebb
Dear npwebb

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay and I was sorry to hear that your stay was not an enjoyable one. We did have some issues with our hot water due to a contractor turning the wrong valves and this has since been rectified. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this would have caused you.

I am pleased that Ravi, our Assistant Manager did provide you with excellent service and I will ensure that he is recognised at our next team member celebration.

Once again, apologies that your stay was not what you had hoped for. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any future stays and I will do everything that I can to ensure that your stay is an exemplary one.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 3, 2014

As I was there in a business capacity I wasn't seeking the 5 star luxury associated with a hilton vacation hotel, however for a business trip the accommodation was very good, mostly the bed was fantastic and exactly what I needed when I had finished a days hard work. another plus were the friendly and helpful staff which just made this a great stay

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Richard C

Thank you for your comments and I pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team do a great job - thank you for taking the time to recognise them.

Our HHonors loyalty program is free and gives regular travellers who stay at Hilton Worldwide some fantastic benefits, I hope that you have joined our program to start your path to becoming a Diamond member.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you on your next visit to Darwin.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My company once again had me booked into this hotel.
I did not enjoy my last stay however this time was worse.

To start off with the offer of a warm cookie in the tropics is ludicrous in my book.
A cold drink would be more inviting. I declined the warm cookie offer.
Went to proceed to make a coffee in the room, no milk, had to go downtown and buy some.
The first night on entering the mouldy shower I noticed the shower head was broken and mostly dribbled water instead of spray.
I went to use the safe, it was not working
NO HOT WATER the following morning. Yes I know it is the tropics however a tepid shower would have sufficed, but no this was cold.
All this was informed to the receptionist at checkout. I will inform maintenance was the reply.
NO apology
I have since told my company not to book me in at any Hilton in Darwin.
They just do not live up to their expectations in Darwin.

Room Tip: Try to book a room overlooking the water instead of the rubbish bins
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ray D
Dear Ray D

I was very sorry to hear that your stay was not to your expectations. I sincereley apologise for the hot water issue that you encountered and for the way our team handled the situation. It most certainly is not good enough. We have addressed the issue with the plumber who mistakenly turned off the wrong valves during some works.

Ray D, I would very much like to have the opportunity to make things right for you and would like to discuss your stay with you further. I would greatly appreciate it if if you would make contact with me at your convenience. I hope to hear from you soon.