“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Darwin
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was my first time in Darwin, Australia also as I was away on business, the company i was working for booked my this hotel only for one night as was waiting for my flight home.
Nice hotel, great comfortable rooms. Restaurant is very nice - service is spot on. Reception staff ok, some very happy others not so. The pool to me looked dirty although I never went in it it just looked like it had been unused for a while. Good location, very near all bars and centre which is a short walk through a cut through next to hotel. I would be more than happy to stay here again when I visit Darwin again (hopefully a holiday and not business)
NOTE: There are two double tree hiltons in Darwin, next to each other - the other one...i stayed in for 1 night also when I arrived in Darwin....pay a little extra to stay at the 122...other one is shocking.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TheEnglishDiCaprio
CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Bex1909

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel, it is greatly appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed the serviced extended to you by our team.

The team and I wish you a very happy and successful 2014 and hope to see you again when you next visit Darwin.

Carey Osborne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Each year my husband and I spend the night in town near christmas time and I normally opt for a different hotel on each occasion. I chose the Double Tree as it was a fairly new edition, although the building is quite old, but it has been renovated nicely and the rooms have modern fittings. Also although our room was to the back of the hotel we still had a view of the harbour from our balcony. The staff were very friendly and polite and our check in and out were both dealt with quickly and professionally. We also had breakfast in the restaurant, which overlooks the pool area, and although we were late comers the selection was still good and very tasty. Will most definately stay again and at others of the same name and will be recommending them to others.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Kellie S
CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Kellie S

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and the service extended to you by the team. Our bathroom renovations are underway and this will also be a great addition to the in room experience that our guests enjoy.

The team and I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and hope to see you again soon when you next esacpe for the weekend.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Always stay here at this time of year Its old but clean and comfortable and convenient The staff are well presented and very helpful The pool and restaurant area is really nice and relaxing and serve good food

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for your post. It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your loyalty. The team and I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and we hope to see you again in 2014.

Timber Creek, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

The Double Tree is a great hotel to stay in the staff are friendly and helpful I met both new and old staff at this stay which was great as they make you feel at home. Food is Excellent and the bag lunch that they pack has 2 full sandwiches chips water and a piece of fruit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Janet S

Thank you for your review and it is wonderful that you had such a great stay with us. Our team does work hard to ensure that our guests enjoy their time with us and we have been working hard to improve our service and offerings to guests. I am glad that you have enjoyed both our food and service.

Thank you once again. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel one day soon.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great location, helpful staff. Lovely (and necessary) pool area well worth a visit. The configuration had me baffled, it has some strange thing where you get out of the lift and go to you room but if you retrace your steps you cant find the lift.......and I dont drink!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Our building is an iconic landmark in Darwin being triangular in shape, I can understand how this can be a little confusing when locating your room for the first time. I am pleased that you found our team to be friendly and helpful.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again one day soon. For our best rates guaranteed, please make your reservation on Doubletree.com

CENTRAL COAST, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I would recommend a stay at Double Tree Hilton on your trip to Darwin. Location is great and central to everything and try the ocean view room. Breakfast service is excellent and staff very helpful. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would stay there again. Room may be a little dated and would prefer a walk in shower other than a step up into the bath .... but minor issues. Great place, friendly staff and enjoyable stay .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Janet S

Thank you for your post and I am pleased that your stay was an enjoyable one. Our bathroom refurbishment is commencing shortly and will be a great improvement in our guest rooms. Hopefully you will be able to return to experience them early in the new year.

Thank you once again and thank you for choosing to stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Darwin.

Darwin, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked the "deluxe" room for my wife and I expecting a "deluxe" experience. In short we were disgusted with the room we were given for the price we paid. There was dust everywhere, bathroom and aircon vents covered in mould, furnishings were cheap and bodgy, toilet continually leaked, bath felt like you were going to fall through it, curtains had stains and marks all over and the TV didn't work. I took photo's to support what I have said. I had no issues with the staff but the room was disgusting!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Scott N
Dear Scott N

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for your recent experience at our hotel and in particualr for the housekeeping issues that you experienced. This is not acceptable in any way and our Executive Housekeeper is currently reviewing some of our procedures as a result of your feedback.

I note that you are a Darwin resident. It would be appreciated if you could contact me, so that I can discuss your experience with you further.