DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin
$136
$124
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Darwin Central Hotel(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$131
$109
$160
$146
  • Pool
Quality Hotel Darwin Airport(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$99
$95
Agoda.com
The Leprechaun Resort(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$65
$62
$200
$164
Priceline
1,312 results
All reviewsdouble treea harbour view roommitchell streetroom servicesmall balconyreception staffpool areaacross the roadwet seasontop endchecking inbit datedbuffet breakfastnice poolesplanadebalconieskakadu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We reserved a room at this hotel more than two months ahead and chose the lowest available rate with the understanding that this rate includes a non-refundable deposit equal to the full amount. A few days before our arrival, Holiday Inn Darwin reservations personnel contacted us to confirm our reservation. I responded to confirm and indicated that we would be arriving very late. When we arrived at the hotel, the person at the counter wondered if we were at the right hotel because he couldn't see our reservation on the computer system. The supervisor explained to us that the system said we were a "No Show" and that they had to re-instate our reservation. Then they had to assign another room, they said the A/C wasn't working in the room that was reserved for us but I think it's far more likely that there was another guest in that room. It took more than 30 minutes to work through this process (we arrived to check in at 2:30 am) and get a room key. The room we were given, we were told was only for one night and we'd be moved to a better room the following day.

The next morning, we spoke with the manager. Although he didn't seem to be aware of what had occurred during the night shift, he was very efficient and professional and we were moved to a room on a higher floor with a sea view. He also arranged for us to have lunch in the restaurant at their expense.

We made this reservation on the understanding that the full amount for 3 nights stay would be charged to our credit card whether we checked in or not so the room that was assigned to us should have been available whether we showed up on day one or day three. I communicated our late arrival to the reservations personnel, the email was acknowledged and in spite of the policy of no refund for our reservation type, our room was not available to us because we were deemed a No Show.

The sea view from our 7th floor room was outstanding. The manager and staff were professional and courteous. Both rooms were clean expect for the showers, we found hair in both of them. The bathtubs are mounted very high and will be difficult for anyone with mobility issues to access. There is no wireless internet available in this hotel, an internet connection is provided in the room but there is an additional charge for it's use. Full breakfast is $28.00 per person and is, in my opinion not worth the price. There is nothing unusual on offer, only the basic hot and cold breakfast fare at the buffet.

Their no show policy needs to be reviewed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vince - Elaine H
VikMalhotra, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Elaine H,
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and giving us your feedback regarding your stay.
I can understand your frustration of having to wait around to get a key for your room that you had booked in advance. I know the system sounds cumbersome but we do have to account for every guest in house in case of emergency and hence we could not allocate a room with no one staying in it. I do however acknowledge that an error was made on our part to not record the arrival time on your booking and I will follow up to ensure that such mistakes are not repeated. I have also noted your observations regarding bathroom cleanliness and will address this with housekeeping staff as a priority.
I was surprised to read that you thought we did not offer wireless internet in the rooms. I can confirm that we do provide both wireless and wired internet connection throughout the hotel. I am sorry if this was not made clear to you upon enquiring. And you would be happy to know that IHG is the first hotel company that will be providing free internet for all its members starting 1st July2013. I hope you will make good use of this great benefit.
The breakfast buffet is a Holiday Inn standard throughout Australia and New Zealand and does get very good comments from our guests. However I am sorry that it did not meet your expectations.
Thank you for your kind words for the staff and their interactions with you. I am sure they will be delighted to know that you were satisfied with the things they can control.

I appreciate your feedback and we wish you safe journeys and a great 2013.
We hope to see you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed three nights here and would stay here again. Rooms are small but comfortable, and the air conditioning keeps you super-cool in what can be oppressive heat. Staff are very friendly and always obliging. A minor issue over room service was dealt with very efficiently and professionally. Great location on the Harbour - floors 7 and above get the best views.

1  Thank Mitnitram

Dear Mitnitram,
Thank you for taking out the time to review our hotel. I was very pleased to learn that you had a satisfying stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to the team.

The harbour views from level 8 and up are classified as our deluxe rooms and do provide a spectacular view. The rooms on the other side provide an equally picturesque view of the city.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to see you here again in the near future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel made us join tripadvisor!!!

Just to express how service should be provided. We have stayed at Novtel, Crowne Plaza and Mantra, all in Darwin and nothing compares.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Darwin for over 10 days and from the stunning harbour view to the large spacious room and warm, genuine and friendly service. My Wife and I have never received such amazing service in our lives and we have travelled the world!!

The room had lots of space, clean and well presented. Bathrooms were tired but clean. Bed was very comfortable.

Stay off the Internet (Australia seem to behind with free Internet) and phone as they are rather pricey but that's all hotels. We had one issue with the air conditioner but that was not a problem for Alvin. Who was efficient and quick to come up to our room and fixed it.

Nathan at reception (as there is no concierge) had helped my wife and I book all our tours, dinner plans and transportation (Would have thought he was a travel agent from having nothing book to have all 10 days planned with great tips and advice (Snack, Water, Hat and Sunscreen). He had great knowledge and very warm and charming young man. He seemed to be the go to guy for all the other staff as every time we had a question they couldn't answer, Nathan would appear with a smile and an answer. (He also seem to be at the hotel, all the time.)

Pauline and Tye at reception was lovely and friendly, asking us about our day and our plans and offered assisitnat with anything my have needed.

Hotel Restaurant - Try the Barra grilled. 5/5

Breakfast was $27.00 more than other hotel but we would say better by far.

Maria and Rosie were just a delight to start of our day and end of our day.

OVERALL - The hotel has lovely rooms, perfect Llcation, and the hotel has found some AMAZING staff, who we would like to thank.

Room Tip: Spend the money get a harbour view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tonka_1975
VikMalhotra, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Tonka_1975
Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking out the time to join trip advisor just to review our hotel…Thank you!

The team was ecstatic when we shared this review with them and we have resolved to keep getting better in all our interactions with all our guests. Alvin, Nathan, Pauline, Tye, Maria and Rosie are a few members of our fantastic hotel team and they all feel proud to get a special mention in your review.

I must confirm your views on the rooms – they are spacious and comfortable. And the Barramundi is by far the most liked dish on our menu :)

In regards to the internet I would like to advise that IHG is the first company in the world to start offering free internet to our members starting 1st of July. Please make sure to take advantage of this great offer every time you stay at our IHG brand hotels.

Thank you once again for your review and we can’t wait to welcome you back to our hotel. In the meanwhile please take care.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a very good hotel. The location is good, the staff are courteous and friendly, the rooms are a good size - all in all, it's pretty good. But it's the small things that stop it being great. Broken door on one of the small cupboards, no ventilation in toilet or brush for that matter. Room service was extensive but a tad pricey for what you got. But the positives do outweigh the negatives and I would stay here again.

1  Thank Robkanandwill

Dear Robkanandwill,

Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
I was happy to learn that all in all you enjoyed your stay and more importantly you noticed the friendliness and courteousness of our staff. The team will be delighted to hear about your feedback.
I have also noted your observations regarding some of the broken items in the room and we will get this fixed immediately, if not done already. You would be happy to know that the bathrooms also are in the pipeline to get upgraded soon.
We are in the process of reviewing our menus and I will check with the chef that all dishes present a value for money proposition in relation with the price and quality of the ingredients.
Once again thank you for your review and we hope to see you back soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

My second home!! Love this place every time I come here. The rooms are always great and maintained and what's better is the staff. Always helpful !! always smiling !! Would recommend to any traveller as a great place that feels homey and friendly from the beginning

• Stayed: April 2013
VikMalhotra, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Stephjade85,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for your time to review our hotel.
It was great to have you back at the hotel and we certainly feel that you (and every other guest) become part of our hotel family every time you come and stay with us.
The team will get very excited when I share this feedback with them and I will keep encouraging them to make every guest’s stay memorable. This will also be a timely motivator for them as we are getting into the busy period, as the Darwin weather transforms and promises to deliver beautiful sunny days and magical sunsets!
We can’t wait to see you again. In the meanwhile please take care.