“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Darwin
Gunbower, Australia
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree Hilton on Esplanade as a package holiday with Great Southern Rail and our 2 day stay at the Doubletree was great. The staff were extremely helpful and polite and all the facilities and the room were fantastic. We would definitely stay there again next time we are in Darwin

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade Darwin, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear W W

I was delighted to see that you had such a wonderful time at our hotel during your recent visit. Our team do a wonderful job and take great pride in the service that they offer our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your interactions with them.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit to DoubleTree by Hilton Esplanade Darwin.

Carey Osborne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Indonesian first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were after a standard room , and we were surprised by the quality of the room , with it's space and amenities . the service was faultless . We were greeted with a smile and a complementary warm cooky for my wife and I . We hope we can have a longer stay in Darwin some time in the near future , and we plan on staying in the Double Tree by Hilton .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade Darwin, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Dan E

Thank you for your kind words, it is always pleasing when someone has really enjoyed their time time with us. On your next visit, please join our loyalty program HHonors, it is free to join and you can quickly earn points when staying in one of our 4000 hotels around the world. Thank you once again. The team and I hope to see you again soon and wish you all the very best for 2014.

TOWNSVILLE, Australia
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Two nights at Doubletree on the Esplanade in Darwin was a positive experience for us. Close to city centre and an easy walk to the foreshore is convenience for a short holiday. The room and services were first class and assistance was provided with transfers. A memorable stopover.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear D M

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our location is fantastic, so close to everything, but with views across to the harbour and parklands at our doorstep which makes it quite unique. I am glad that you found our team to provide you memorable service.

Thanks once again and we hope to see you again soon. We wish you a very happy and successful 2014.

SYDNEY, Australia
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed at the Double Tree Hilton (The Esplanade) for your short family holiday trip on 14 December 2013. We took this chance of staying there despite of a few comments about the hotel being an old building with quite old facilities. It turned out that our stay was a pleasant one! We love the size of the bedroom and especially I got to keep my children in my room. I'd say it's a perfect place to stay for a family with two children!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade Darwin, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Julie Anne B

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us and it is great to see that you had such a wonderful stay at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Darwin and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Top End. Merry Christmas !!

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Commanding location overlooking park views across to the Esplanade this should be stunning. However some features of the hotel are beginning to show their age; some of the fittings and furniture well beyond their use by date. Our shower head fell off during it's first use narrowly missing the person having the shower. The maintenance staff were off duty so one of the management staff did a temporary repair using duct tape. Top marks for ingenuity but hardly the response we expected from a quality hotel.All staff were friendly and efficient and the pool is a pleasant way to cool off after a long day. The hotel is ideally situated next to excellent restaurants and bars. The hotel is way from being a "Marigold'' but certainly needs some loving attention

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade Darwin, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Wattle1937

Firstly, please let me apologise for the mainentance issues and the way my team "resolved" the issue at hand. I am pleased that you found the team to be friendly and efficient and our pool is definitley a great way to refresh and re-charge after a long day.

Thank you once again and the team and I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy 2014. We do hope to see you when you next visit the Top End.

Yulara, Australia
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I used to stay here (and next door) all the time when it was the Holiday Inn as a IHG member, so my first stay back here under the Hilton banner was going to be interesting. With the exception of the cookies at check in it is no different, same old daggy decor etc. still a nice stay and good location. Pity my club membership has to start all over again to stay somewhere that I used to get heaps of freebies and upgrades. The double bed room is small but manageable with a family of 4, the bathroom needs a good change, it would be nice to be able open a window. Great location and easy car parking. Like the Alice Springs property they need improvement to be Hilton quality.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Andrew D

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I do hope the team enrolled you in our HHonors program which rewards our regular guests who stay in one of our 4000 Hilton Worldwide hotels around the world. For those guests liking a window that opens, our sister hotel located next door does have balcony doors and a small Juliette balcony. This property also had refresh a few years ago and may be better suited to your needs.

The team and I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a very happy and successful 2014. We hope to see you when you next choose to stay in Darwin.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed one night at the Double Tree. We checked in late however the staff were friendly and had everything organized for us. As I am a Hilton Honors member we were upgraded to a suite which was very spacious and comfortable with two separate toilets. The room was clean and well maintained however a little dated in décor. I found the shower to be very small but the bathroom itself was large and spacious.

The location is great with lots of places to eat in the same street. It is also opposite the water so you have nice views if your room faces that direction.

We requested a late check out and this was granted. I found all the staff to be very professional and pleasant. My only complaint is that the layout (as with all Double Tree properties) to be a little confusing and after a few drinks I got lost trying to find my room.

We were woken at 4am by the fire alarm, the staff handled the situation very well as it was a false alarm activated by a naughty guest. We were given clear instructions on what to do and were kept informed until the situation was resolved. Further apologies were made on check out by staff.

Overall I would stay here again, however having stayed at the Hilton Darwin I would pay the extra and stay there, but this is still a great cheaper option.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade Darwin, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Ery559

Thank you for your review. It is great to see that the team looked after you during your stay and ensured that your HHonors upgrade was awarded to you.

Our location is amazing, being directly across from the park and harbour. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the view.

Thank you once again, and if I can ever be of any asisstance to you, please do not hesitate to let me know.